Dealership courtesy cars: What have you been offered??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2004, 04:35   #1 (permalink)
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard

Dealership courtesy cars: What have you been offered???

Just me ranting away...please bear with me for the next 2 minutes.

So my question to you fellow blue-blooed fans is
"What courtesy vehicles have you been offered at your Ford dealership?"

Why do I ask such a question? Well, let me explain. I recently (Thursday) spoke to a lady colleague at work who bought a Ford Focus (4 door hatchback) a couple of months back. Apparently the fuel gauge is not working that well. She sent it to the workshop to have it fixed and was told that she will not have her vehicle back till Tuesday (the earliest). She wasn't too happy especially when she was not offered a courtesy vehicle by the service department. So what she did was to turn on her "charms" (which I think are not working on me or I must be GAY or something...which is not possible I reassure you guys) on the salesperson who sold her the Focus. Guess what? She was quickly offered a BA Ford FALCON FAIRMONT for the entire bloody duration of the service!!!!! F-A-R-K me!!!

For the entire duration of me owning my XR6, I have been offered courtesy vehicles ranging from EL Falcons (6cyl but not XR) to AU Fortes, and in worst case scenarios a Ford KA, Fiesta, or Focus (no offense, they are good cars but just not to my liking!!!). And to make things worse, she is being taken care of by the same dealership that I frequent. Not forgetting the fact that she is unattractive (to me) and she's F.O.S.

Yeah yeah, some may say this is really minute an issue, move on. I'm just curious how the dealership decide on which vehicle to offer as a courtesy replacement. I had the impression that a similar range/size vehicle will be offered to the owner (maybe smaller but hardly bigger).

What are you thoughts on this guys?
HOTDBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2004, 04:40   #2 (permalink)
freelance

Re: Dealership courtesy cars: What have you been offered???

Strapp always gave me a clean well maintained late model Falcon 6 when they had the XR. Cant complain there.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:40   #3 (permalink)
gone

My Mrs had the guage fixed in 4 hours!

She had a lift to work, or was offered a car for the period required

I myself had to eithr pay for a car $35.00 when I had a xr, or with the T series range, always had one ready aka the FPV experience

Cheers
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:24   #4 (permalink)
RACE

We have a bunch of 6cyl XT's and one V8 XT.
Old 02-07-2004, 14:41   #5 (permalink)

Ok here's my list

Heaps of AU Falcons, Usually Forte.

I Once had my car booked in and the dealer stuffed up the booking, so i had a go at the service manager, and then drove out and went to work, the dealer principle then sent out a Brand New demo Xr8 AUIII with 70km's on it to my work. I had it for 2 days and returned it with 350km's on it.

Have also had recently a Focus, and the service managers Fairlane.

The service manager knows i've had more than my fair share of problems, so is usually pretty good about getting me into a decent car.
Old 02-07-2004, 17:27   #6 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

With our AUII XR8 in, we've had an AUII XR6, AUI XR8 (with a different dif in it... wheeee!), BA Fairmont and a BA XR6 Turbo. Was also once given an AU Fairmont wagon for a day to do some towing as ours doesn't have a tow bar.

Gotta love it! Good bunch of guys...
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:36   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

Well, I've never owned a "new car" however with the XR6 I have now I needed to take it back to New Oak for some very minor fixes (oil guage earth and power window switch). Not only did they do them without issue (sure, bring it in, we'll fix it right away, what day suits you best sir?) but they gave me an AU3 SR for the day free of charge. It was clean, fuelled and even had a number of CD's in it for my listening pleasure.
I'll keep saying it, I will only buy a Ford from New Oak Ford from now on, they have won me as a customer for life (or until the service dies).

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:54   #8 (permalink)

Eastside Mitsubishi gives you usally a Lancer or Mirage when I service the magna :(

When I get the company car serviced at Mazda I usally get a mazda 1, which I need a tub of pig fat in order to get in and out of it (so bloody small!)
ash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 20:32   #9 (permalink)

we had a T6 XC90 when we had the C70 seriviced once...
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 20:38   #10 (permalink)

Sorry to hijack the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTDBZ
Apparently the fuel gauge is not working that well.
This must be a common problem with Focus's. My wife's Focus CL has intermittent problem -that is on some days it works, on others it stays put on empty (even when I know the tank is full).

WHat is the cause, and is this how it starts out until in totally fails ?
Was there a recall for this problem ?

In terms of courtesy cars, I never get offered on unless I ask for it !
..and thats at Strapp, Bayfords and Courtney and Patterson. And if I do ask for one, they tell me it costs $25/day.

Last edited by JamesA; 02-07-2004 at 20:41.
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub