demister - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 08:01   #1 (permalink)
get my p's on the 17th :)

Question demister

g'day all

i have a problem and a question to ask

Problem: tonight coming home from work i put the demister on and when i turned off the car the stupid thing kept goin well after pressing every button and taking out every fuse i decided to take off the battery. I took it off and put it back on and it kept going so i thought f#@% this and left it off and hoped all will be well in da mornin any ideas on whats wrong also how do i get to the fan or the wiring for this(pls dont tell me i have to take off the dash)

Question: My EA fairmont ghia has air suspension i can pump it up and stuff through a nozzle in the boot just wondering is this standard and it leaks i got sick of pumpin it up everyday so i just left it now it has no psi and is so low gaurd is in line wit top of wheel will this wreck my springs,shocks,suspension etc.

sorry for dis bein so long and if this doesn't make sense im so tired and going to bed

cheers ChAmP

:CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SET OF TURBO BLADES
PM ME IF U KNOW OF ANY

MODS COMING:,Full Respray & Colour Coding(Being done as we speak) and thats it saving for new car EB XR6
ChAmP-EAgHiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2004, 00:09   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: demister

Air shocks (SLS - Self Leveling Suspension) - It is supposed to have a air compressor in the front right guard (drivers side) that pumps up the shocks for you, and keeps the car at the correct height at all times, there is also a control module near the diff under the car passenger side, it has a link bar to to stabiliser bars in the diff, (is that all there as well).
Having them without air wont stuff them any more then they already are, just gives a very bumpy crappy ride.

Demister I assume you mean on the climate control you pressed demister and it would not turn off, with the car started, if you press the floor button (bottom right behind the little panel) and the off button at the same time, the climate control will do a self test, it will go all 8's basically then either go to off, or show error codes. post up the codes if it gives any.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:02   #3 (permalink)

dad disconnected the fan and i did what u said and it came up error 3 & 5 then i did it again but it just went off

PM ME IF U KNOW OF ANY

MODS COMING:,Full Respray & Colour Coding(Being done as we speak) and thats it saving for new car EB XR6
Old 09-06-2004, 08:19   #4 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

replace the relay in the fues box prob just stuck
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Hmm, is there a way to remove that SLS air compressor? Cause I no longer have SLS shocks, so why lug around the extra weight? :)
Old 09-07-2004, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
Gonna fit a twin cam

to remove it, its up under the front bumper on the drivers side. Take off your front wheel for a bit more room, and remove the black plastic trim panel. You will see it behind there. Held on with 3 bolts from memory.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39   #7 (permalink)

i think my sls compressor has been taken off cos when i took off my bumper to spray it i didnt see anything oh well dont have to worry for much longer

PM ME IF U KNOW OF ANY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub