(Denim) Strider, I'm Calling You Out!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ā» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2003, 17:30   #1 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

eek (Denim) Strider, I'm Calling You Out!!!

Ok, since the 3FB section has been quiet for almost a week now, it's my duty to resuscitate it...

Some people might remember the Denim Strider™ incident that occurred at the FPV Day weekend this year. I know I'll never forget it as it was me who made the grizzly discovery. Anyway, we've all assumed that that day was the beginning of the Denim Strider™ epic saga. Not so my friends...

In the lunch room at my work we have some magazines for people to flick through while they eat. So one day last week I was finishing lunch when a magazine caught my eye and sent me into a state of utter shock.

I took the liberty of scanning in the cover of said magazine and here it is:

This magazine is dated May 2002; a good 9 months before the Denim Strider™ incident! I looked in the magazine at the specific section and funnily enough underderps are were not amongst the, and I quote, "89 Wear-Now Buys". I guess this incident increased them by 1 to now make them "90 Wear-Now Buys". :s6:

So folks, it seems that the Denim Strider™ has in fact been the Secret Denim Strider™ for quite a while. It's just that the FPV Day weekend brought it out into the open.

Strider you fashion trendsetter you! Or should that be Denim Diva™?! <- Patented Denim Strider Fluffy!™
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2003, 18:33   #2 (permalink)
Crikey

Re: (Denim) Strider, I'm Calling You Out!!!

I think I will just watch this develop....with interest
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 18:55   #3 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

HAHAHAHA Good pickup slothman.

So whats next Strider? Have you moved on from denim yet?
Old 10-27-2003, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

While I breathlessly wait for developments such as Corduroy Strider, Silk Strider, Angora Strider, Lycra Strider and others of that ilk, I think the more important quest we must ask should be directed at Slothy himself….

Did reading Cleo at lunch really teach you that “You want a Man”, and how to “Take him to heaven and back in the sack”, or “when sex becomes making love” and “what he’d really like you to wear”.

Also, did you take the quiz on whatever subject it was that month, and did you score enough to be declared ‘soul partners for life”. These are all very important issues, and I’m sure you’ll understand that our curiosity is heartfelt and genuine :s6:

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 22:14   #5 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Now presenting the latest TV series addition to 3FB...

3FB's Queer Eye for XR_Strider_GuY

Now that explains the reduced Meguiar's loadout in Strider's Cleaning Kit. Some R & D going into some Denim alternatives, or was that some alternatives to detailing the XR altogether???

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_

Last edited by Dark_Horse; 10-27-2003 at 22:19.
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:14   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
Did reading Cleo at lunch really teach you that “You want a Man”, and how to “Take him to heaven and back in the sack”, or “when sex becomes making love” and “what he’d really like you to wear”.
I knew some smart-arse would ask that! Didn't look at those bits. Was only interested in the denim section. Honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
Also, did you take the quiz on whatever subject it was that month, and did you score enough to be declared ‘soul partners for life”. These are all very important issues, and I’m sure you’ll understand that our curiosity is heartfelt and genuine :s6:
No, I didn't take the quiz. I was only after the denim section but I must say the sealed section got a look-see as well...
My turn to ask a question. Where on the front cover is a quiz mentioned? HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE IS A QUIZ IN EVERY ISSUE???
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:09   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

[QUOTE=3Toed]I knew some smart-arse would ask that! Didn't look at those bits. Was only interested in the denim section. Honest!

No, I didn't take the quiz. I was only after the denim section but I must say the sealed section got a look-see as well...

Mmmm me thinks why did you look in the sealed section for christ's sake ? I could only think do they have a centre fold but the cheeessssh
Wow Sloth from Dunny Buster to Brakes Destroyer and now ?? omg
Old 10-28-2003, 02:16   #8 (permalink)
3FB Educator!

I think we need an official 3FB Strider designed denim seat covers!
I'd buy a set!
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 16:02   #9 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Oh man how have I missed this thread!!!!! There are just *SO* many questions arising out of this, I don't know where to begin!!!

Clearly Strider and the Slothman are coming under some well deserved scrutiny - but for Strider this is nothing new

I think Horse and Bluedriver are on the money here too...
Old 10-28-2003, 18:28   #10 (permalink)

Methinks the sealed section would have been best to avoid aswell
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub