Digital camera advice. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2001, 04:46   #1 (permalink)

Digital camera advice.

Looking into it and was wanting to now what brands people recommend
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2001, 04:55   #2 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

depends on your choice of memory, floppy disk or memory card.
floppy is 1.44meg and the cards go as high as 90meg. cost is also relevant to the memory.

a sony with 1.44 you can pick up real cheap for around a $100-$200 second hand. As for the card not to sure, could be as high as $800-$900.

But my choice is sony hands down.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:56   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

This is the only digital camera I have seen but it also looks pretty good, it is the Kodak DC 280, I will get some pictures of my car and maybe some shots of the work that been going on at the mountain with it soon which should show it's quality, but it has quite a large range of support over PC's and can be connected over USB and COM ports.

I can only compare it to the Sony Mavica that the school used to have which was a fairly pricey, but low end camera that used disks and the quality wasn't all that great.

Maybe this rambling may help, maybe not, it's something I have never really looked into though..
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:15   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

The cameras that I have used are as follows.

Sony Macvia- used the floppy and it was a POS I do not recomend this camera. Horible image quality.

Canon A20- good little camera. Very solid very well built. Goo pics all around

Canon EOS D-30: This is my daily shooter as far as digital is concerned. Very high quality...High resolution...print quality camera. Very pricey. I own a lot of standard canon SLR Cameras and the lenses are interchangible. That is one reason I got it. So far this is the best. May be out of your price range. I dont know. US$2600 for the body and then you have to get lenses.

Nikon D1X: Just got this one from a friend that is allowing me to test it out. Very bulky and heavy similar to the canon. Has the same quality pics etc...just that it costs US$5600

I recomend that you stay away from the Sony's
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:22   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS
The cameras that I have used are as follows.

Sony Macvia- used the floppy and it was a POS I do not recomend this camera. Horible image quality.

Canon A20- good little camera. Very solid very well built. Goo pics all around

Canon EOS D-30: This is my daily shooter as far as digital is concerned. Very high quality...High resolution...print quality camera. Very pricey. I own a lot of standard canon SLR Cameras and the lenses are interchangible. That is one reason I got it. So far this is the best. May be out of your price range. I dont know. US$2600 for the body and then you have to get lenses.

Nikon D1X: Just got this one from a friend that is allowing me to test it out. Very bulky and heavy similar to the canon. Has the same quality pics etc...just that it costs US$5600

I recomend that you stay away from the Sony's
POO......
Old 08-16-2001, 05:24   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR

POO......
I must get to the bottom of which smurf wrote that all over the uni :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:32   #7 (permalink)
Chromed Member

SONY

I disagree.

I bought a Sony Mavica nearly two years ago and love it.
I can fit approx 33 pictures on a 1.44 floppy and the quality is reasonably good (by my standards, anyway). By changing the resolution (quality) I can fit 8 top quality pics on one disk. But these pics are not really suitable for internet or website use. Too bloody slow to download, but good for printing.

I suggest that you do what I did and Hire the camera for the weekend and play around with it. It cost me $80 for this, and was deducted off the price of the camera when i bought one 3 months later!!
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:33   #8 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

there was nothing wrong with the Sony I had, good pictures and all, wasnt the mavica though, so cant comment on that model.

wait till I see mod2fly.....he he he...hows your monkey john.(lol)
Old 08-16-2001, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
Chromed Member

My sony's pretty good. I think that there is other models below mine, but hey, you get what you pay for At the time i bought it , it was top of the range, and also can film 15 seconds of moving footage & sound as well! Good to film burnouts:rocking: :flame: :flame:

For example, this was taken at shepnats last year:
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 06:13   #10 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

I used a mates camera yesterday but he took it back cause it chewed through the batteries like nuthin else... it was a Fujifilm Finepix 4700.. about $1700 i think.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub