Doc's gone and done it this time.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2001, 19:41   #1 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Sat down and drafted a nice E-Mail to avesco, explaining how I was'nt happy etc with the way the officials handled the round 3 saga.

Also told them that my Company had been approached by our major sponsor and that the sponsor was considering withdrawing sponsorship for the 2002-2003 SCS season, and also looking at there contractual obligations for pulling out of this years Tooheys 1000. This would hurt my company rather hard, in terms of merchandising and meeting attendence etc.
After explaining the litigation and possible ramifications from other teams in light of last weekends affairs, I strongly suggested in business terms, to get there act together.
with the new season underway and avesco changing rules to suit themselves, plus making up rules as they went along, this was not good for public image. surely there must be basic training amongst officials etc.

we have just increased numbers through the gates etc as evident at eastern creek, now we may see a reversal due to the sad state of affairs that has just happened.

amen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2001, 19:47   #2 (permalink)

Well done. Last week I sent a similar email to Geoff Polites say a very simialr thing. Avesco are not looking after the interests of the companies involved nor the people that support racing.:) :thumbup:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 21:04   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

cool

Preach it Doc! I hear ya brother! Haaaaaalellujah! :D

It's just the swift kick to the happy sacks that AVESCO is in dire need of. Good stuff mate! :thumbup:
Old 05-01-2001, 22:17   #4 (permalink)

Apart from being peed off as to what happened on the track I just want to have a complaint about getting into friggen Easter Creek itself. Outside the main gate there was a several hundred meter line of people trying to get in and there was only one guy selling tickets! We queued for about an hour before and we got in just before race one.

I sat near the hairpin turn leading into the straight. One of the PA speakers started making a constant squelching noise. I think somebody finally had enough and pulled the plug. When race two started we had no commentary. When I saw Lowndes at around tenth I thought they reversed the grid.

Even if Ford won I was disappointed with the day. The view of the track was poor. Why were people allowed to park 4wds half way down the viewing area blocking peoples view?? I think I will need a fair bit of convincing to be back there next year.

One positive was, I enjoyed checking out all the Fords gathered at the start of the straight.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 23:06   #5 (permalink)

Thats a real shame you weren't able to enjoy the day more.:(
Guess the organisers have some work to do if they want people to return next year
Old 05-01-2001, 23:53   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Until AVESCO spend more money on facilities I refuse to go and encourage them at all. No other sport would treat fans that way.

My worst experience was spending $350 each on tickets to Indycar on the day tickets were released only to find that when we got there I couldn't see more than 20m of track due to railings, scaffolding, TV camera, and corporate complex. I haven't been back there either! :fmad: :mad3: :fmad: :mad: :thumbdown

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 23:53   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Got to admit, there's nothing like a polite kick in the arse is there Doc... Good stuff fella... :D :thumbup:

Sounds pretty ordinary about the organisation of the day itself. Bummer you got stuffed around chris... :thumbdown :(
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 00:26   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Until AVESCO spend more money on facilities I refuse to go and encourage them at all. No other sport would treat fans that way.

My worst experience was spending $350 each on tickets to Indycar on the day tickets were released only to find that when we got there I couldn't see more than 20m of track due to railings, scaffolding, TV camera, and corporate complex. I haven't been back there either! :fmad: :mad3: :fmad: :mad: :thumbdown
Unless things have changed Avesco's stand is that it is not up to them to cater to the comfort of the public:thumbdown
Old 05-02-2001, 14:05   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

That's a good way to get people to the tracks ay??... :confused: Corporate scum!!...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 16:52   #10 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

What are the facilities like at Eastern Creek? and who evers been there what is it like in general?

I'm asking this because I don't think you guy's would be impressed if you were attending the New Zealand round this year. :eek:
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub