Dodgy Brothers Ford Dealer Rips Off Mate - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2001, 02:08   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

mad Dodgy Brothers Ford Dealer Rips Off Mate

Some of you might remember a mate of mine bought a new XR8 ute a couple of weeks ago. He had to wait for quite a while to get the car because he wanted the Pursuit bodykit.

Well, after telling all the BS about how the kit had to come from Melbourne and all that, I looked it over today in the sun and whaddya know.....

The paint is bubbling on the edges of the bodykit, and surprisingly I look under the car to find it's all fibreglass. Hence this kit is a knock off.

Now, I say this with caution because I don't know for sure what happened. However, we can be ALMOST sure that the car went to Talon in Kirrawee where it was fitted with a knock off kit before delivery.

The Ford dealer who arranged this attrocious act:

NEON LIGHTS PLEASE:

DOMINELLI FORD SUTHERLAND

My mate is slightly upset. No, actually he is going off his dial!

Dominelli's are a couple of streets from my place, but in all my time dealing with them I have yet to experience anything positive. That's Hurstville and Sutherland.

CROOKS!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2001, 02:15   #2 (permalink)

It's a shame. When people hear about something like this they don't think it's the dealer they think it's Ford. I get alot of folks who think that Ford owns all their dealers. In the end Ford looks bad.
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:33   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Thats too true SpaceLord. I can't say anything from Personal experience, but I can tell ypou honestly I've heard more negative stories than positive about rex gorrel's. I think It's about Time Ford cracked down on this issue as it's very serious for the brand. Remember, 1 unhappy customer tells on average 6 other poeple. Those 6 other people then tell another 6 poeple and so on.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:42   #4 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

I have had bad experiences with several "Ford dealerships" surely it is in fords interest to have some sort of "etiquette guidelines" or such that if they bring FOMOCO into bad light then they can lose their franchise licensing
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:42   #5 (permalink)
gone

and then they post it here and thousands get to read it!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 12:05   #6 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Actually I alays found Dominelli's at Sutherland to be OK, not brilliant but better than most. We have bought about 6-7 cars through business & family there & apart from the odd service issue (unrequested fuel/oil additives, long wait for parts) by & large better than most.
The guy we have always dealt with in Sales (PM me for his name) has always been upfront. When I was looking at an XR a few years back (I'm sure I posted this before) he suggested that for the body kit it get done at USC as they were making the kit for Ford but would fit cheaper & provide lifetime warrenty on the whole kit (PS USC aren't there anymore).
Keep us posted on how they handle this.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 13:48   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Thats too true SpaceLord. I can't say anything from Personal experience, but I can tell ypou honestly I've heard more negative stories than positive about rex gorrel's.
Cobra, i got my car from Gorrel's and the guy who i dealt with was fantastic. I could not fault him. He was really down to earth, didn't Bullsh*t at all and even knocked the price down a fair bit.
He was a older guy and i think he has now retired but i did pass a few mates on to him and he was very cool to them as well.
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 14:36   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by DRU842
The guy we have always dealt with in Sales (PM me for his name) has always been upfront. When I was looking at an XR a few years back (I'm sure I posted this before) he suggested that for the body kit it get done at USC as they were making the kit for Ford but would fit cheaper & provide lifetime warrenty on the whole kit (PS USC aren't there anymore).
Keep us posted on how they handle this.
This is not the issue. The issue is they charged $1400 or so and then fitted a fibreglass copy of the real thing. My mate thought he was getting the Tickford kit. You should see the quality of what has been fitted. It is woeful! Truly woeful!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 17:24   #9 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete

This is not the issue. The issue is they charged $1400 or so and then fitted a fibreglass copy of the real thing. My mate thought he was getting the Tickford kit. You should see the quality of what has been fitted. It is woeful! Truly woeful!
A shame, a damn shame. :oo1:

I hope he's going back to them for the real thing.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 19:02   #10 (permalink)
RACE

Dealers like that sure giving Geoff P a hard time. At least we're letting him know what's going on out there.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub