Donating member status changes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2002, 22:50   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Donating member status changes

The following changes will be made to the Donating Members system effective 1st October, 2002.
The existing benefits will be replaced by a range of scaled benefits for DM's as follows: (all prices in AU$)

Up to $29 = donating members forum access for 6 months and DM tag
$30 - $39 = Bigger avatar, DM tag, donating members forum access for 6 months
$40 - $49 = Avatar, DM tag, DM Forum access and email address for 6 months

Benefits will accrue during the 6 month period

$50 - $74 = All of above and 30 Mb web space for 6 months
$75 and more = All of above for 12 months

These changes are designed to provide an on-going revenue stream for the site that will help facilitate a secure future for FordForums in conjunction with other planned changes.

This will be effective on all existing accounts. Your account may be affected by these changes. If you donated on Jan 1, 2002 and have not donated since yout account will be placed back to registered user. There will be a 14 day grace period for all accounts to correct this issue. On Oct 14th I will be changing all accounts to show their new status. I will PM between now and then the members that are affected so that you know, if you have forgotten.

Changes also affect the amount of webspace that you have. Currently some folks will get a decrease. We will be allowing 30 days to correct this issue. I will have backups of the data and will remove to the point of making the account in correct standing.

I hope that i am not coming across as an ass, but the changes are necessary to facilitate a secure future.

If you have questions or concerns please start a new thread. I will answer these questions as they arise and in as timely a mannor as i can. Please remember at the time of this posting I am in the middle of a server move so my response will be a bit slower than usual.

John Oliver
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2002, 22:51   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

This has been discussed and reviewed between myself and all forums Directors. This was voted in by all said members and fully agreed to.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:04   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Changes to this will take effect on Nov 1st. I will try to PM everyone with their current status if it is affected.

John
Old 10-24-2002, 04:04   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

ok PM's have been sent. And I have updated all but 6 or so now. Still waiting on some responses.

I will be sending out reminders monthly to those that are up for expiring in 30days.

I will be updating those that need your email addresses and webspace in the next 48 hours. Give me time please. Once these are done I will do updates on emails and webspace once a week. Members with larger avatars. We will do those as you post them. Please use the thread that is already started. Normal turn around on those are 24 hours at the most, unless we are all off the site.

If you have any questions please pm myself or you can post them in here.
Old 11-20-2002, 15:20   #5 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

OK, Stupid questions.

If I donate $20 one month, and I donate another $20 the following month, does that upgrade my member status to the $40 - $49 category, or do you treat that as two donations of $20?

Secondly, if I were to continue to donate $20 per month, does that renew the access/email period to the full 6/12 months?

Thanks
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 17:42   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

ok example.

if you donate $20 on Jan 1, 2002 and then one month later donate another $20 on Feb 1, 2002 your status goes up to the $40 level but your time still stays expiring on July 1, 2002. If you donate another 50 on Mar 1, 2002 your status goes to the 12 months from the date of your initial donation.

Of course this is subject to clauses. if you donate 20 a month every month and you are at your end of the " 12 month" time frame then of course I will take into consideration that you have donated a total of 240 and will extend it for you past the 12 months.

If you donate 20 on Jan 1 and then donate another $20 on June 30th right before you expire then i will extend you 6 months from the date of your last donation. Of course you are only going to be at the $20 level still.

There are of course other cases that we will address if they come up. but that is the jist of it.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub