Drag Tag - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 06:09   #1 (permalink)

Drag Tag

Has anyone been to this yet??

If you haven't then get down its just unreal, it's all indoor undercover so no worries about being rained out. They're gaining some real momentum with even some old school muscle cars on the rollers tonight.

FPV made an appearance with the DRIF6 which I think is going to be a regular thing, their are a heap of charged Gen3's including the PWR burnout car. Quite a few stockies have also made the effort proving you don't have to be the fastest or the tuffest to race.

This week and next are still free to view but they will have to start charging a small cover charge for spectating in a few weeks time so at least get down and have a look.

The BIG news though is that they are doing a 2 for 1 deal at the moment for a limited period, this means that for about $250 each you and a mate can get your cars fitted with the brackets and you can start racing against your mates. Best of all though is that if you get in now while they are still holding demo nights you can race for free for the next few weeks, thats a return on your investment straight away.

Demo nights are every Wednesday and Thursday night from about 7pm and like I said this week and next are still free to spectate so be quick, you can even jump in one of the demo cars and feel it for yourself, no risk of crashing your car either lol

Check it out below

www.dragtag.com.au
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 01:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: Drag Tag

Drag Tag is crap. I wrecked my clutch there!!!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:59   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Drag Tag is crap. I wrecked my clutch there!!!
I don't know much about drag tag but how did you wreck your clutch there?.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:38   #4 (permalink)

Well the place is basically about drag racing on dynos with a big screen in front of you. Problem is racing a car on a dyno is not the same as racing on a track. You have no real idea what your car is doing. It got wrecked by the wheels slipping and then gripping and then my 700nm + of torque smashing through it. You do two runs with no real time to cool car down, so then you smash your car again. Temp is way out of control, they cannot keep the cars cool and no cool down time between is not healthy for car.

They barely have 50 cars signed up, quite a few of these got in for free and 5 manuals have already gone, on their admission. They blame them all on driver error. I have driven manuals for 12 years and this my first problem.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:04   #5 (permalink)

From what I have gathered they are putting more fans in underneath the cars, when I don't know
Old 08-10-2006, 02:48   #6 (permalink)

drag tag is crap.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub