DRAGGED a BA XR8 !!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2002, 03:03   #1 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

DRAGGED a BA XR8 !!!

I'm shaken... i don't know what to say...
i JUST got home from seeing it!!

i was driving home on Blackburn Rd Templestowe (melb) when i noticed a black bulging XR8 pass me in the opposite direction!
I stopped and hung a U-bolt and chased it!! It was stopped at the lights turning RIGHT at the intersection of blackie and reynolds rd (where the PINES is!) i was a few cars back... as it was turning i noticed it had plates that were hung down (bumper level) in a plastic cover and i noticed the GORGEOUS 18inch wheels (such a good machine-look finish)!! Anyways, the lights further up turn RED.. i'm like "Sweet!". Pulled up next to it and noticed a female driver with a male (40ish italian looking man) in the passenger seat (on my side). We wound down the windows at the same time - because he noticed i was creaming myself...

"OMG, what are you doing, testing it?????"
"Yeah its one of the first off the line....... blah blah 260kw"
"Mate, i know i've read everything about it!!!!" <ChuBBz VeRy ExCiTeD>

GoSH the bulge looks DEAD SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!

Lights turn green....
She chirpies it and takes off hard (jumps a car length in front)... At this stage my smile had gone from ear to ear... to left side of my forehead to the right side! LOL
BRRROOOMMMMM (SOUNDS BLOODY AWESOME)

she was taking it easy with the gear changes [up hill] so i caught up (we had reached about 60-65) before we slowed down for the next set of red lights were i beeped them goodbye and got into the far right lane [i noticed they both waved at me as i was leaving] I was on the phone straight away..

and all i could think of was coming home and posting on here, am i a fanatic or what?...

What An Animal!!!!

ChuBBz

Old 10-25-2002, 03:08   #2 (permalink)

I bet it dont sound as good as a Chrysler 426 Hemi! Oh, sorry, they dont make them any more.

Yes Boss! Right away Boss!
Detroit Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 03:13   #3 (permalink)
gone

Sensational account mate!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 03:15   #4 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I hope you weren't driving while u were on the phone ChuBBz, no Drive Right car for you!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:16   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

biggrin

Good on ya Chubbz! I'm sure these BA will be everywhere from now on!I have no doubts.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:45   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
Good on ya Chubbz! I'm sure these BA will be everywhere from now on!I have no doubts.
ayman! mmm tempting to wait for the XR8 now isnt it? Choices Choices Choices!! What should i do? Get the XR6T now or wait???

mmmmmmmmmm........... i seriously wonder! :)
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:43   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy
ayman! mmm tempting to wait for the XR8 now isnt it? Choices Choices Choices!! What should i do? Get the XR6T now or wait???

mmmmmmmmmm........... i seriously wonder! :)
Hey Snavy, choices choices while they're all excellent from XR6T upto GT range. It all happened one night when the XR needed $2600 to fix the A/C and another $1000+ to fix muffler(after having it lowered:)+ the silly AAMI insurance jumping well over $2500 a year!
You see it's not a very economical idea to run a V8 out of warranty.I think the new XR6T will fit just fine regards insurance, the trusty IL6 and lower fuel consumption than a V8.
I wouldn't pay extra 9Ks for 20KW! specially the torque flat curve of the new XR6T will kick serious arses! 2 seconds faster on 5th gear 80-120 for God's sake!it will kick genIII butt from a stand still start when no revving in auto.
So no XR8, but GT??now you're talking..
Wanna know a secret? I knew that almost 12 months ago from my mate working at Ford;GTHO supercharged 5.4L is coming!Even GT owners will feal "impotent,lol" when the final Boss arrives soon.
Damn, the XR6T almost outperforms the STI in wheels!!!!Damn!

Had almost 2 hours drive looking for XR6 NA at dealers, Found one white at Peter Warren (Liverpool-Casula?), and maaaan it looked horny.
I followed a very humble XT today, the driver was nuts I could hardly catch up with him in my car:)it looked soooooooo good to resist. I hope the buggers at Ford dealers tomorrow don't wreck my day and offer a good trade in price!I hope,,,
Old 10-25-2002, 14:56   #8 (permalink)

damn! you have been thinking! i saw a Fairmont Giah and a XR6 today! bloody they are so nice!! looking, BAs are everywhere now.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:27   #9 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy
BAs are everywhere now.
mate i envy you, in adelaide all there is is VY's!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:21   #10 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

i think i'm gonna cop a heart attack when i see a BA GT on the road... after my experiences with the xr8 LOL

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub