Dragging with an XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 00:15   #1 (permalink)

Dragging with an XR8

On Friday afternoon I happened to come across a blue XR8 barra turning right onto the Western Ring Rd at the Pascoe Vale Rd on ramp to the freeway (in Victoria approx 3km from Ford HQ) for the interstaters). I noticed the great blue paintwork first, then the BIG bonnet bulge on the bonnet, then the rear car bras hiding the lower rear panels only, I won't say anymore about time etc.. because I don't want to get the complete and utter LUCKY bastard in trouble. We turned the corner together, me on the inside!!! and just hammered down the entrance to the freeway which drops a fair way into a gully and rises again steeply as it turn gently left and towards the Melb. CBD. I repeat I think it was an XR8 because it sounded like no other V8 I have heard and we were not pussy footing it. It sounded "worked" if that makes sense, something like a stock v8 that you throw on new exhausts, headers etc... Anyway, to put is simply he BLEW us away every time and I new that when he pushed past us he backed off only slightly, we caugt up a little and then he just walked away from us each time. Don't worry fellow blue bloods, this car if its was a stock XR8 will ruin HSV owners past and current (maybe even VY owners to be). If it was a GT falcon prototype than .....

Oh... by the way I was a passenger in a HSV Clubsport R8 and before you ask, the driver and I weigh about 175Kg in total and we had less than a quarter a tank of petrol while the mean ford was driver only. He had our measure easily and the smile on his face made me think Ford can now be proud of products again.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2002, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

SWEEEEEEEEETT. i think it might be my second car. mmmmmmmm, blueprint blue XR8 with 18 inch mags. Anybody feel generous enough to share money with me?????:)
Old 09-14-2002, 00:33   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

hrmm..racing on the street is bad mmmmkay???

(but well done to the XR8 driver hehehehehehehe)
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 00:35   #4 (permalink)

Hi XR6rturbo,

Unfortunately we are expecting our first child in 6 weeks so that bloody big ema.. something or other pram and a golden retriever dog have to sit in the rear of a wagon, hopefully a barra wagon seeing I am eligible for Ford's family member rates. I would like a Fairmont v8 Wagon but that model will not exist after AUIII. So I have no hope of goin' halves" with you,
Old 09-14-2002, 01:00   #5 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

damn LOL:) its all good, i have no hopes in going halves with anyone unfortunatly. Not enough money. But we can always dream of winning tattslotto.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:18   #6 (permalink)
Darkside Intruder!

Thankyou for your "story"
VXLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:20   #7 (permalink)

Victorian Powerball has jackpotted to $30Million. That would buy a few barra's and a stable to park them in.!!
Old 09-14-2002, 01:27   #8 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Curls
Victorian Powerball has jackpotted to $30Million. That would buy a few barra's and a stable to park them in.!!
Heck - If I won the $30million I'd get a Barra for a paddock basher too - if I had a paddock to bash it around
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:33   #9 (permalink)

Silly question.. but I just had athought, .. do you think it would be hard to bolt a BA fairmont front panels to an AUIII fairmont v8 wagon. Those staff/family ford discounts are great!!
Old 09-14-2002, 02:16   #10 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

Well we will have to wait till we see these monsters on our roads to know the full potential of them. The only problem is that we won't see them for a few months yet.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub