Driven: VZ SV8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 21:58   #1 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

Driven: VZ SV8

Had to run some errands today at work- the boss was gone so i couldnt use his S-Pack (im forced to use the 6 Cylinder cars at work if they are available...someone got scared after learners and P platers racked up some kills on the road from reckless driving...)
Any way, i go to annother boss he's more than happy to give me his keys..i get down stairs and hello...a Silver VZ SV8

Now, onto the details,

Noticiable Changes...

It had 18' VY2 SS Rims
A black insert in the Rear Spoiler (looked tacky IMO)
Cosmetic job on the nose...it is an improvement...but its kind of like trying to improve bad plastic surgery with corrective surgery..it doesnt look better...just different...

With driving...

After driving the VY S, VY SV8 and VY SS, there is a noticable performance difference with the VZ SV8...the Gear transitions are allot smoother, and less indecisive...they also respond slightly faster than the VY 4 Speed...a pleasent suprise :) Because of the better range of ratios, the V8 feels allot smoother in acceleration...it was still indecisive when i had to accelerate quickly in a situation today though- for some reason, the exhaust sounded quieter than the VY2 SV8...go figure...
Of the lot, id actually have to Credit the VY S Pack with the best handling compared to the rest, Lighter engine block in conjunction with the Handling pack would be the best explanation...now if only i had an XR6, XR6T and 8 to compare it to... :(
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub