Drivers Unite against Idiocy! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 19:07   #1 (permalink)
CarNooB

Drivers Unite against Idiocy!

Or, DUI for short :)

I have now faced the sting of insanity.

The situation: just before midnight on the 26th of March, I parked in a... BUS ZONE!

Now, let's put the situation into perspective. This particular bus route stops at like 8 or 9pm. The bus stop is directly out the front, and within a few metres distance from the entrance, of a Safeway supermarket which is open all hours. The street is a suburban backstreet, specifically Station street, Camberwell. The coppers park there all the time when getting their discounted, iced donuts and practically everybody who does a bit of midnight shopping parks there for the five minutes it takes them to go in and get something and come out.

Since when do parking officers patrol suburban backstreets at friggin midnight?

IMO, this is just friggin ridiculous and totally smacks of revenue raising, since they can employ some schmoe on minimum wage to drive around all night looking for 'offenders' and get back in fines ten times what they pay the guy.

There is NO justifiable reason to fine people in this situation. Sure, it's against the letter of the law, but what possible harm am I doing by parking there for five minutes at midnight?

I am truly sick and tired of watching on the sidelines whilst governments constantly get away with crap like this. I couldn't believe Kennet got away with paying triple the amount to private schools than public schools as that is just criminal, but I didn't do anything, like most people.

Instead, I just sat back and copped it like stupid little gumby who's willing to take anything, even if it means being butt-screwed by the government and them demanding that you thank them for it.

Well, how about some action? I wanna see if there would be enough support to begin a political organization that polices and protests against idiotic fines and laws and who monitors just where the money goes when we pay our rego's. Speeding cameras are just the tip of the iceberg, somewhere, someone has to stand up and tell these politicians where they can shove their fiscal agendas.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2004, 19:26   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Drivers Unite against Idiocy!

I've aleady started down this path. I say go fo it. At the very least the court system will get so overloaded they will have to do something!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 23:54   #3 (permalink)
Mountain man'

u naughty person
bow your head in shame
how dare u park there at midnight
Old 03-27-2004, 05:25   #4 (permalink)
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delglath
.........I couldn't believe Kennet got away with paying triple the amount to private schools than public schools as that is just criminal, but I didn't do anything, like most people........
Jeff and his bad haircut got the flick for being mean spirited and robbing the public. At he time he left revenue from traffic was $90mil. That smiling goat people voted in takes $450Mill+ just from cameras. do you all feel silly yet?

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 03-27-2004 at 14:53.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:05   #5 (permalink)
CarNooB

No, since I don't vote, period. My vote is precious. I'll not use it to help any of those donkeys get into power. People justify voting as a necessity and spout phrases such as 'the lesser of two evils'. Sorry, but evil is evil, and I'm not going to support it.

Ironically, I've also worked as a Voting Booth Official :)
Old 03-27-2004, 17:20   #6 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Mate, it sounds like the issue isnt with the law itself, as you say, you did park there; sounds like you should question your council about why it is still a bus zone at midnight.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 18:13   #7 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

i work for the government (in the bus sector specically). When people park in a bus zone, it means that the buses cannot pull up, or "lay up" if needed (even at midnight), which successivley pushes the running times back, meaning an unreliable timetable and extensive delays (they build up and up). It results in numerous complaints from the angry public directed at people like me, who then have to explain that it was due to car parking in a bus zone. Thats why we pay people to patrol around and book cars parked in bus zones (at all hours of the night.)
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 18:48   #8 (permalink)

All I can say is, you knew it was a bus zone, but parked there anyway and you were obviously gone long enough to get caught. You ran the risk and got caught - pay up. That supermarket has sufficient parking nearby doesn't it? I believe I know of the area you're on about. There's a whole carpark that probably wouldn't be that busy at that time of night. So to save a whole minute walking from a carpark to a store and back, it's gonna cost you.

I personally have parked at times in no standing areas just past parking areas for short stays and get a move on and hope no-one comes by and books me. I do this only if it appears there is no free parking spots and it doesn't block people. When there is legal parking nearby, I will walk the extra distance and park there.
Old 03-27-2004, 22:51   #9 (permalink)
CarNooB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSIK
i work for the government (in the bus sector specically). When people park in a bus zone, it means that the buses cannot pull up, or "lay up" if needed (even at midnight), which successivley pushes the running times back, meaning an unreliable timetable and extensive delays (they build up and up). It results in numerous complaints from the angry public directed at people like me, who then have to explain that it was due to car parking in a bus zone. Thats why we pay people to patrol around and book cars parked in bus zones (at all hours of the night.)
You have to be kidding me. You are seriously trying to justify this BS?

I've lived in this area for half my life and I have gone to that supermarket almost every night for six years and have never ONCE seen a bus there. The route is ONLY for school kids and finishes as early as 6pm on some days. Plus there is another two bus stops only twenty and a hundred metres down the road respectively.

Cops park there several times a night, every night, and NOT for police business, unless you count donut arresting police business.

There is no justification for it. It's revenue raising at its worst.
Old 03-27-2004, 23:56   #10 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Emergency service vehicles can park where they like, they don't need to be on a job.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub