Driving courses - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2003, 14:44   #1 (permalink)

Driving courses

can someone tell me where (in sydney) and how much defensive and race driving courses are?!

kieran.
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2003, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

G;day Kieran,

Have a look at this site:

http://www.finlays.com.au/

Hope that answers all your queries:-)

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 16:55   #3 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Honda Australia do some driver course things. They're located at St. Ives in Sydney. I'll probably be doing one of these courses once I get my P's. Give them a call on (02) 9144 5725
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 18:49   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Jim Murcott Driver Training operate out of Oran Park.

I'm not sure of the cost as the company picked up the tab, gotta thank the OH&S laws for that one. If I'm expected to drive at work then my employer had better be sure I know how :)

One of the best things I ever did. I made sure my 18yo newphew & neices boyfriend went as well once they started to drive.

http://www.murcott.com.au/index.html
Old 02-09-2003, 18:55   #5 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Can recommed Luffy's courses as really good value & a good day out!

http://www.ianluff.com.au/advanced.html
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:10   #6 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Kieran, I did a murcott course...at oran park...it was great....they start with basics...general car control and skid techniques etc.....made me a much better driver...you learn your attitude (to driving)plays a big role in how drive/avoid situations as well/. I payed around 200 (i did it when i just turned 18 so i got a discount and stuff.

since then i have done a wakefeild track day with the Honda car club of NSW cost was 130 incl wakefeild license...this is even better than the defensive course IMO. they have professional drivers teaching u basic racecraft and stuff...u learn sum great stuff. The ones with the mx5 crew are even better (i have not been on one of these yet, but my mates have) and they go so far as to group u into classes and perform mini races.

You learn heaps about ur car and skill....or lack of!!!!

be warned though....ur brakes will shit themselves after about 6 laps....and you will easy go through 1/2 a set of tyres on the track days.

definately worth while....however, becareful on the way home...i found i was driving really agressively after wakefeild....dont want to give the govt anymore money...already pay enough to keep my car onthe road!

I'm prob gonna go to the next mx5/honda track day if ur interested...(they have them every couple months)
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub