Driving Music - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2001, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
gone

Driving Music

Just Interested in what you guys have done, if anything to your car sterios.

I know I have Kept Gary Car Radio in Business down here in Melbourne, ( Ahh a free plug that should get me a sub) as I just added up all my receipts and they total over 34k in just 15 years.

Thank god I am not married!

But at the moment I am running dual head units Cd Tuner and Eq Cd, both Alpine.
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2001, 02:33   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

:eek: Laminge, 34 grand, bloody hell mate, you got so much money you don't what do with it, send some my way pleeaasseee :D

I got most of my stuff from Garry also. I have an Alpine single CD deck, Alpine DD drive 6x9's, Alpine V12 AMP, 12" JL Audio Sub, and ****ty phillips speakers in the front, but they do the job. Not a bad sound for about $1,500...

CD's in the car at the moment, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Dreamtheater, Metallica (sometimes, lost the plot), pearl jam, Live, Steve Vai, a bit of Malmsteen but not too much (all sounds the same after a few minutes), Joe Satriani, Led Zepplin, Gunners, and some Queensryche.

Oh, and Dreamtheater!
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 05:13   #3 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

That's not music. I just happened to watch the Wizard of Oz the other day, on the projector, sound turned right down, with Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon playing in the background. There's a message there. Dont know what it is yet.??????????(lol)
Car music mmmm. depends on if I'm by myself or not, Delicate Sound of Thunder is good, if I'm cruising down the Hume. If the Wiff is with me, some Rock and Roll or Van Halen is good for the drums.

depends on the car I'm driving at the time
Old 05-16-2001, 05:36   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
Van Halen is good for the drums.
Well if you like DRUMS DOC, have a listen to Mike Portnoy. best drummer in the world! and the band he plays with...well here's that name again...Dreamtheater.:thumbup:

Checkout his website and have a look at his drum Kit :eek:

http://www.mikeportnoy.com

They have 19 tracks just for drums when recording:CraZ: He is truly amazing, along with the rest of the band. If anybody is into music and want to see some of the most technical, creative, original and inspirational (for muso's) progressive rock, I strongly suggest to check them out.

http://www.dreamtheater.net
Old 05-16-2001, 05:42   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

drums as in eardrums.....nice try to convert me though.(lol)
Old 05-16-2001, 05:46   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
drums as in eardrums.....nice try to convert me though.(lol)
Don't get the wrong impression, they're not death metal or anything
Old 05-16-2001, 05:52   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

to be honest I've never heard of them. who are they like in terms of today's music.
Old 05-16-2001, 06:20   #8 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

I don't know, its hard to say. But to get an Idea of what they were into when they started out, I have taken this quote from their Biography..

Quote:
"The encore was indeed a work of genius; a medley of the instrumental breaks from classic songs from the likes of Led Zeppelin, Yes, Queen, The Beatles and Van Halen."
John Petrucci (Guitarist) influences :

Steve Vai, Al DiMeola, Alex Lifeson, Steve Howe, Alan Holdsworth and the late Stevie Ray Vaughan.

John Myung (Bassist) influences :

Chris Squire, Steve Harris and Geddy Lee and their respective bands Yes, Iron Maiden and Rush. He also listens to bands like Jane's Addiction, King's X and The Red Hot Chili Peppers as well as classical and blues.

Mike Portnoy (Drums) influences :

Rush drummer Neil Peart and the late Frank Zappa. Other favorites include drummers Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Colaiuta, Simon Philips, John Bonham and Keith Moon and bands such as The Beatles, Queen, Yes, Metallica, Jellyfish, Iron Maiden, U2 and Jane's Addiction.

****** Rudes (Keyboards) :

His biograpgy isn't as clear cut as the others (thats where I've been getting this stuff from :p), so I'll describe him, he grew up on Bach, Chopin, Beethoven, and has now seemlessly blended his classical style into progressive rock) AWESOME!

James LaBrie (Vocals) :

James' musical tastes are quite varied as he names Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey and Judas Priest as well as classical composers Mozart, Vivaldi and Beethoven as favorites. Influential vocalists include Steve Perry (formerly of Journey), Freddie Mercury, Sting, Paul Rodgers and Nat King Cole. James continues to practice with Ms. Burns and encourages other vocalists to pursue formal training.

Well there you have it, should give you an idea of the band and their quality [wink2]. After my effort, I hope your gonna buy their CD's :D
Old 05-16-2001, 06:47   #9 (permalink)
EB Fairmont Owner

My favourites (dont laugh!)

- Rammstein (try keeping to the speed limit with this cranked!)
- Prodigy
- Metallica

- Jazz / Big Band type stuff to cool me down in peak hour traffic
- Hip Hop / Gangsta Rap

- Jimmy Barnes / Ian Moss / Hunters / the Oils
- 80's classics - hey i was brought up in the 80's lol

Wide variety here - also depends on my mood, day etc.
TickfordEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 06:59   #10 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Hmm, I can feel the heat rising and the flames beginning to warm me .. :wink2: :wink2:

Ok, my collection spans basically all genres except jazz and country. I can find no good in either of these :thumbdown :D I'm a bit partial to nostalgia (mid 80's and later). Big fan of INXS/U2/Simple Minds/Noiseworks/EARLY Gunners/Pink Floyd and the like. Huge fan of early to mid 90's (also known as the "high school years"). Seem to have grown out of the metal/punk/industrial/thrash/grind/speedcore scenes... used to like the hard stuff, but eventually got bored with it :gok:

*dons flameproof Y-fronts* :eek:
Currently listening to the traditionally hated genres of hiphop and electronic. In the stacker - Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, old school Run DMC, anything by Renaissance/Ministry of Sound/Gatecrasher, and for old times sake, a couple of compilation shockers from the early 90's (100% Hits 1992 etc.) lol :thumbup: :wink2:
*considers removing flameproofing but thinks the better of it* :damack:

It all just depends on the mood I'm in, and what sort of company I'm keeping in the veehickle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub