EA Pizza Delivery Driver - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2002, 21:29   #1 (permalink)
PHIL82

EA Pizza Delivery Driver

A 1990 EAII proudly presents a new Pizza Delivery Driver!

Just got a part time job and it's comfortable hopping into the EA in the start of winter. The EA's heating is absolutely great.

I'm asking for a tip, if I manually change gears on my 4spd (i.e. the use of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear manually up to 80 km/ph) will that reduce fuel use rather than leaving it in 'Drive'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2002, 21:34   #2 (permalink)
Back on the road again

Pizza

Trust me on this, i've been delivering for over a year now, Dont fiddle with the gears just keep it under 2000 on the taho and your fuel bill will go down dramatically

falconnsw@hotmail.com
Aiming for the Best EB Ghia
whataboutBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:31   #3 (permalink)

Get Out!

Dont do pizza driving dude! Waste of money in an EA (unless on gas)... I drive a 1 litre charade on dels and i am still broke How much a del are you getting anyway?
daihat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:20   #4 (permalink)

Re: Get Out!

A mate of mine did delivering in his old VR for a while but gave it up because he wasn't making much after taking fuel into account. He kept doing burnouts while on the job, so I'm sure he could have saved more fuel if he tried...

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 18:50   #5 (permalink)
XF Crazy

pizza

i used to deliver pizzas in my XF S manual 4.1, i worked for dominos' best place, you get paid per delivery and per hour, it was like $8.40 an hour, then an extra $3.50 a delivery, and i used to sit in my car in a side street listen to footy, visit my mate at car lovers get a wash for free, and still get paid.
Old 05-24-2002, 23:08   #6 (permalink)
PHIL82

pizza delivery

I get paid $3.50 per pizza delivery, I dunno how much I get per hour (for the extra).

I have given up on driving my EA cos of too much fuel being used up... cos of turning off and starting the baby up all the time, stopping and going, leadfoot on the accelerator. There I go, half a tank wasted in one night ($20) when I'm actually making $30-$40 a night.

I now drive my girflriends 1985 Daihatsu Charade (3cyl) and it's so much better, I drive up to 3000RPM and takes in about $5-$7 in fuel for one night. It's a beaut.

Now I can keep my job, I love it so much and can't afford to lose it! :)
Old 05-25-2002, 12:51   #7 (permalink)
EAdude

Re:pizza delivery

Why would anyone want to be a pizza delivery man for? It's slave labour!! It should be made illegal.

What crap pay for a crap job.(then again any job working for a fast food joint is crap pay for crap work, I'd never work for them don't know why anyone else would)
Old 05-25-2002, 15:35   #8 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

EAT PIZZA !

oh yeah I love pizza , supreme for me thanks , anyway I work in construction and I get 18 $ an hour , makes it easier to pay for juice, but you frigging earn it !.

EA POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West EA
Old 05-26-2002, 17:36   #9 (permalink)
PHIL82

EAT PIZZA !

A Pizza Hut Hawiian 'Perfecto' is more of my style - not too thin, not too fat ;D

Hey West EA, are you an apprentice in construction or already a contractor? I'm undertaking the dip of building next year at TAFE (2 years fulltime)

PHIL82
Old 05-26-2002, 17:44   #10 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

hmm

My opinion on pizza driver is very low, it is costly and bad pay, you have to use your own vehicle and shit like that, bad.... in the long run youll be lucky to make money.

Some of you guys saw my mate at the last melbourne meet in his tx5. he is doing pizza deliveries for pizza haven in that. he makes $3.50 per delivery and dont get anything toward petrol, it is shit and hes ****ed in the head for doing it. Oh yeh did i also mention that he reversed into a VT clubsport whilst doing a delivery? thats gonna cost over $3000 to repair and you think pizza haven are gonna help him out with that? oh yeh hes not insured either`
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

Related Reading: EA Pizza Delivery Driver