Ed Ordynski airlifted to hospital - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2004, 06:24   #1 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

Ed Ordynski airlifted to hospital

I have just heard that Ed Ordynski was involved in a MAJOR accident in this weekends Central Coast rally classic up hear near home, he was airlifted to hospital with chest/shoulder injuries including several broken ribs. His Co driver was also taken to hospital(by road - so I guess not as bad shape)
Ordynski has won the 3 previous years events held here. From what I'm led to believe he clipped a bank & rolled car several times(there will undoubtably be incar footage on news if this is the case)
I'll post more on it as I find more out.....
"Fat men cannot run as fast as thin men, but we build most of our vehicles as though dead weight fat increased speed.......I cannot imagine where the delusion that weight means strength comes from." - Henry Ford.
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2004, 06:30   #2 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

Re: Ed Ordynski airlifted to hospital

This is from the www.rally.com.au web site:

"Someone not so lucky today was Mitsubishi stalwart Ed Ordynski who fell victim to the fast Watagan Road stage. Ordynski was on pace in the morning but clipped a bank with the rear of the car on a fast piece of the stage, which rolled the car several times down the road.

Ordynski was initially taken to hospital for observation, but was released later in the day.
"

Glad to hear he was ok.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:31   #3 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Bugga..... hope he's OK ....

Keep us posted wulos

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:44   #4 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

From the official ARC website.....
Someone not so lucky today was Mitsubishi stalwart Ed Ordynski who fell victim to the fast Watagan Road stage. Ordynski was on pace in the morning but clipped a bank with the rear of the car on a fast piece of the stage, which rolled the car several times down the road.
Ed Ordynski has been taken to a local hospital for further examination but the safety crews who attended the scene have confirmed that he has suffered a couple of broken ribs. He will receive a full assessment and could potentially be kept overnight for further observation. He was released later in the day.
"We had that corner as an eight left on brow which is probably about 140-150kms an hour. He's just put the right rear in to a ditch and then the car's basically rolled from there. It hasn't touched much of the top of the car, most of the damages was been done underneath. All four wheels are pointing in different directions," Pedder explained.
Not nearly as bad as local radio first had it...
"Fat men cannot run as fast as thin men, but we build most of our vehicles as though dead weight fat increased speed.......I cannot imagine where the delusion that weight means strength comes from." - Henry Ford.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:54   #5 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Bloody hell, hope he come out ok.

Still not good.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:59   #6 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

On tonights local news they had video footage of the roll over & some still shots of the aftermath.
Was a nasty roll, end for end flip, then twisted to barrel roll down road before coming to a rest on its broken feet.
News stated Ordynski is still in Gosford Hospital recovering, progressing well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub