EF Fairmont - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18   #1 (permalink)

EF Fairmont

I am after any help you guys may be able to offer with finding a nice EF Fairmont for around 6 or 7 grand.... I cant afford to insure a Ghia(or XR) but i still want the climate air, cruise and fast glass.... all of which the fairmont still has, I know the ghia had an LSD and woodgrain trim and half velour/leather trim. All i'd want from the Ghia though is the LSD, I am in sydney and have been lookin around and have seen some cars around 5 to 6 grand but are either high milage or just seem to have been treated like shitheaps. As the car i am driving now has only 144,000kms on it now i dont want anything with more kays on it.....
Calais is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 08:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: EF Fairmont

You'll just have to keep checking carsales.com.au
As you said, most in your price range will have higher K's than your desired level and if not, will be a little worn out.
Keep looking and you'll find one eventually.
Will also add.. mileage on a car aint everything, take the below mentioned scenario -
car 1 - 199,000 k's - well looked after, always serviced, washed etc etc
car 2 - 140,000 ks - serviced? whats a service? um i put fuel in once... could also be thrashed out.
If you treat a car with care it will and can do half a million K's.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:39   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

One word, EBAY! Seriously, have a look, u can pick up some great deals. Of course u need to find one in your area tho.

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 16:52   #4 (permalink)

Just keep lookin' is all i can say.
Bargains always pop up and u'll find one sooner or later.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 17:00   #5 (permalink)

Lightbulb Re: EF Fairmont

Thanks for your help guys, and yeah I have been looking around on carsales.com.au and have seen some pretty good ones, but most of the time the owner thinks their car is made of gold and worth 15 grand or they have no idea of the service history of the car, which put me off two cars already,one with chunky brown coolant and the second with this gunk all over the dipstick. Both were in dealers yards.... so from what i have seen Do you think that a private sale would be the best to find? And what should i really focus on when looking at an EF falcon? Like stuff you guys would look for specifically? Also the other day i test drove a 5.0 litre EB fairmont and it felt like the steering wheel wasnt right in front of me, as though it was off centre, has anyone else noticed this on any cars or was this more likely because of a bad accident repair?
Old 11-09-2004, 19:08   #6 (permalink)

Only thing sloppy about my EF steering is that it shakes when i slow from high speeds.. bloody need to get wheel alignment!
efBEGGZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 19:12   #7 (permalink)

efBEGGZA: that could mean ur disks need machining, my car does the same and its because i havnt done it in a looooooooong time
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:01   #8 (permalink)

Sorry guys, i was referring to the actual position of the steering wheel in relation to the driver... as in, when i was looking straight ahead, and sitting comfortably in the centre of the seat, the steering wheel of this EB was offset towards the passenger side of the car ever so slightly, but enough to give me the shits if i had to drive the car every day(i didnt buy it BTW).
Old 11-10-2004, 07:14   #9 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

Quote:
the steering wheel of this EB was offset towards the passenger side of the car ever so slightly, but enough to give me the shits
i know the feeling, mine is slightly towards to the right, so its kind of annoying but keeps you focusing on where youre going having to make sure its straight which is good, but its not cause to fall over and die about

edit: wait, did you mean the car steered (wtf is the verb for steer?) towards the left or the actual wheel is not parallell to the dash?

Last edited by EB-maen; 11-10-2004 at 07:15. Reason: hmm
EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:29   #10 (permalink)
.au member

just remember that cars come out of the factory with their steering biased ever so slightly to the left (for obvious reasons you dont want to be drifting over to the right!). It becomes noticable after more kms, but its nothing a decent wheel alignment job cant fix. My local Bob Jane does an absolutely top notch job for $30, cannot fault it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub