Ehanol report - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2003, 18:26   #1 (permalink)

Ehanol report

Don't know if anyone else has asked, but does anyone have or know where to get the full list of vehicles adversely affected by ethanol in petrol? All the reports I've read have just given very broad cars (eg 800,000 pre-98 falcons etc) but on the news I saw they had full lists of each make.
Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2003, 19:12   #2 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Re: Ehanol report

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...902109760.html
Old 09-11-2003, 02:45   #3 (permalink)

fte22,
Good find, can't load page 1, can't see any data for Ford or Holden, but most good European cars appear to not recommend its use.

I wouldn't use the stuff, they make a lot of it out of sugar byproducts, cane farms are not on my list of "environmentally friendly" enterprises. Just ask the Great Barrier Reef.

cheers
Old 09-11-2003, 03:17   #4 (permalink)
goooone

My car won't but I wouldn't use it even if it could.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:05   #5 (permalink)

Page 1 says
"Holden
All petrol engine vehicles since 1986 will operate satisfactorily on E10"
and
"Ford
All Falcon petrol engine vehicled since 1998 will operate satisfactorily on E10. Please contact the Ford call center on........ for information on which other Ford vehicles can operate on E10"
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:53   #6 (permalink)

Thanks,
I reckon there's more pre 1998 Fords on the road than post 98, so it's no good for most Fords.

I can't see the point of growing grain or sugar to provide a fuel in a dry country like this. Grain should be for bread and cane sugar for Bundy Rum.

There is millions of barrels of oil in shale deposits up near Gladstone, why don't they get into that?

Quote:
Eight commercially viable oil shale deposits have been located on the coastal lowlands north of Gladstone. The Stuart oil shale deposit (with its high grade Kerosene Creek member) is considered to be the most economically attractive to mine initially.

The Stuart Project involves working sections of oil shale within the narrows Graben. The Graben is approximately 40 kilometres long and 5 kilometres wide and contains both the Stuart and Rundle oil shale deposits.

Estimates of the Stuart Resource indicate a total of <b>3.0 billion barrels of shale oil,</b> with the Kerosene Creek Member estimated to contain 155 million barrels of oil.

I can smell a political rat.

Last edited by TopGhia; 09-11-2003 at 11:58.
TopGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 13:25   #7 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Quote:
I can smell a political rat
Its fairly well documented that "lil' johnny" is pretty good mates with the manildra bunch ( who provide nearly all the ethanol ), and that the libs ( if not all political parties ) receive significant "donations" from manildra as well . . .

Plus apparently the 38% tariff protecting the local ethanol producers was apparently so rushed through that a ship from brazil arrived here to find the new tariffs, despite there being none when they left brazil.
afaik the cane growers also get reasonably significant gov't subsidies as well . . .

As far as I'm concerned, if it 1) isn't profitable on its own and 2) isn't particularly useful, we shouldn't be protecting this industry - let it go... Surely some more useful crop or product could be produced in the same fields ? (maybe I don't have all the "Facts" tho )

As an aside, as long as it is designed for it, cars can run happily enough on ethanol - lots do in south america. However, apart from slightly different engine setup, you need to have all metal fuel lines and other bits and pieces to prevent the ethanol eating your car :)

If anyone has any "Facts" to change my mind, please deposit them into the Commonwealth account. . . . .
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:27   #8 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

In 3 to 5 years time, all fuel will have to contain ethanol as it is the cheapest and most readily available additive to use to boost the octane rating of fuel. I have posted details of this somewhere else on the forum, but can't find it right at the minute.

Personally, I will use ethanol based fuel when it becomes available, as it should be cheaper, with a higher octane rating than standard ULP.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 14:27   #9 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

I think it is all a load of bull, so they are saying it is going to be no good for post 98 cars?

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:16   #10 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Re: Ehanol report

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPiston
I think it is all a load of bull, so they are saying it is going to be no good for post 98 cars?
Hmmm two posts oh well.

Brenden

Last edited by brenx; 09-13-2003 at 02:22.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub