Elvis's Pantera - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2002, 12:34   #1 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Elvis's Pantera

A 1971 DE Tomaso Pantera owned by Elvis Presley has sold at auction for $US180,000.Get this ,what most attracted bidders was the bullet hole in the steering wheel - Elvis shot the car when it wouldn't start.LMAO sheeez what a laugh shooting the car when it doesn't start. I admit i have felt the same way a few times but didn't have a gun handy.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2002, 14:30   #2 (permalink)

Some people eh. Shooting the steering wheel. Wish I had thought of doing that instead of using my hand.:s6:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 05:24   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I was always more inclined to shoot the computer. My fists are getting tired now.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 13:24   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I learnt the hard way too. Hurts the hand too much:s6:
Old 02-01-2002, 12:10   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

wanna hear something funny along these lines....it will make you think twice about punching that steering wheel.

A friend of mine while in traffic got really pissed at the traffic the idiots and some other things. Well poor guy ppunched the steering wheel. If he had a gun he would have shot it.

So what you say. ....here is what happened. When he punched the wheel the airbag deployed. it shattered his wrist and most of the bones in his hand.

Funny part of this is that the guy is not the brightest. he filed a claim with his insurance company to pay for the bag to be replaced and to pay for his surgeries on his hand to repair what damage he created. The Insurance company denied the claim. he is now tryin to sue the car maker for a faulty airbag.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 17:10   #6 (permalink)

Poor bugger. He must have hit it hard. The Us versions I believe have a stronger explosive to try and counter the non use of seatbealts. Euro design cars where seat belt wearing is law get away with a slower charge as the people are restrained.

Actually I seem to remember reading there was a push to make seat belts law in the US (wearing of)
Old 02-02-2002, 09:24   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

yes it is a law for us in the US to wear seatbelts. That was made a law i think back in 1999 or 1998 if I remember correctly.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 11:58   #8 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

I seen the pix on a site of this car , shame as its nothing special compared to other Panteras, and yeah it had the pic of the hole in the streering wheel .

Thing is the web site says there is no bill of sale or documentation to prove the car was Elivis's other than some salesman saying he sold it to an Arron Presley answering the Kings discription so ???????? Get Mulder and Scully on the case B4 you hand over that cheque for $180,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 12:51   #9 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS

Funny part of this is that the guy is not the brightest. he filed a claim with his insurance company to pay for the bag to be replaced and to pay for his surgeries on his hand to repair what damage he created. The Insurance company denied the claim. he is now tryin to sue the car maker for a faulty airbag.
This guy is definitely hopeful.Getting a claim out of an insurance company or a carmaker is tough on an ordainary claim LOL.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 17:12   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS
yes it is a law for us in the US to wear seatbelts. That was made a law i think back in 1999 or 1998 if I remember correctly.
Ok I wasn't toofar out (not) Only 3 or 4 years. hehehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub