Energy Polariser? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2001, 23:22   #1 (permalink)

Energy Polariser?

What was this thing? It says in Wheels it was the end of Brock/Holden's corporate association, but it was before my day. ANyone shed some light please?
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2001, 01:37   #2 (permalink)
Aus ls1 *********

polariser (bull****)

Brocky decided in about 1987 to fit this little box containing magnets to the firewall in all his HDT commodores. It was supposed to enhance the molecular polarisation (or some ****) of the fuel or air or god knows what and make the car go better.

Caused a big riff between him and Holden and that is when they went their own seperate ways.

Therefore there are actually two versions of the infamous HDT VL Group A SS commodores. One called the Group A SS plus pack made by Brock and one just called the Group A SS made by holden.

Small differences in the suspension and I think the motor (not sure about this), otherwise the same. ps ( I'm no HDT know-all so I could be wrong about differences)

The plus pack is now the most sort after as it was genuinely Brocky's and it had the Energy Polariser.
Hope this history lesson helps.

Grant.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:55   #3 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I saw a program a couple of years ago which showed Brocky taking a reporter for a ride down some backstreet, with the polarizer fitted, Brocky kept saying "can you feel the difference"..."feel it". The reporter could'nt feel anything, apparantley. I got a lot of respect for Brocky as a driver, honest and to the point, better than his current nemisis. I dont know if it would work or not. I doubt it would have any effect on the car, however it may work if it was placed in a direct contact with the fuel or fuel line.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:57   #4 (permalink)

as

Thanks guys.
Did it have an adverse effect on the car or something? I wouldn't have thought one little box which did nothing would be enough to make Holden ditch one of their superstars (although didn't Crennan call him a hasbeen?). Surely someone has dynoed a car with it then taken it off to see if theres any change?
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 03:33   #5 (permalink)

I think that is one part of Holden's Aussie History that they would like to forget:D
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 06:43   #6 (permalink)
Chromed Member

maybe the magnet held the holdens' rust / bog together somehow??:p
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 23:20   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

The polarizer didn't have a negative effect on the car per se, but was did case problems was the recommendation for tyres to be run at 18psi as the effect of the polarizers was meant to compensate for the low pressure. Obviously it didn't. Luckily for Holden drivers it was only a few short years before "Fully Sic" exhaust tips became available :p
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 20:11   #8 (permalink)
MadMax

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
I saw a program a couple of years ago which showed Brocky taking a reporter for a ride down some backstreet, with the polarizer fitted, Brocky kept saying "can you feel the difference"..."feel it". The reporter could'nt feel anything, apparantley. I got a lot of respect for Brocky as a driver, honest and to the point, better than his current nemisis. I dont know if it would work or not. I doubt it would have any effect on the car, however it may work if it was placed in a direct contact with the fuel or fuel line.
Brocky had one in his front pocket at the time as well......feel it baby.....
Old 08-17-2001, 21:20   #9 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

maybe it wa sjust that brock trully believed it worked

its like how people go get all those chinese herbs and yoga and they think they are heaps better or you tell somebody that you changed something in their pc to make it go heaps faster and they start telling ya about all tehimprovemetns they are noticing then you have to tell them you actually didnt do anything

but what does it matter? if the driver believes it is better it can only give him more confidence and he will do a better job or if you believe that you can play a better golf shot with some new club when really they only changed the name or something you feel more comfortable and actually hit the ball better

same as with teh movie days of thunder how teh old codger tells cole that hes got some special tyres on that are much better and after the race he finds out they were the same old tyres, yet he believed he had the tyres to win and he did it. it may only be a movie but this is truly what happens

so maybe this polarizer thing was a crock of **** but that does't always matter does it?

i think not
Old 08-17-2001, 22:30   #10 (permalink)
Champion Goose

Quote:
I think that is one part of Holden's Aussie History that they would like to forget
Too right. Funny how they all now embrace Brocky as their man and how there was never any real problems between them. I mean he came over and drove a Sierra! He must've been pretty peeved.
XAHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub