Errors in Option Lists?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 18:51   #1 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Errors in Option Lists - Geoff??

I am looking into replacing my AUII XR6 VCT with a BA XR6T.
I like to research stuff as much as I can before walking into the dealership.

I have found a difference between the Specs & Options "Research Tool" on the www.newfalcon.com.au web site compared to the Colour Specs and Options brochure that I picked up from the dealer a week or 2 back.

Can anyone advise exactly what is in and out for the following few:

When referring specifically to the XR6T

Research tools Web site lists:
Prestige Paint - Optional - Additional Cost
Center Arm Rest with Cup Holder - Not available
Traction Control - Optional - Not available with LSD??
LSD - Standard

Brochure Lists
Prestige Paint - NCO
Center Arm Rest with Cup Holder - Standard
Traction Control - Standard
LSD - Standard

While I am on the subject. Can someone "in the know" from Ford please get on this forum and give us all a technical explanation of how the traction control works with or without LSD. Also any technical specs for the Premium sound system for the XR series.
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2002, 21:46   #2 (permalink)

I think an explanation would be great, too. I'm not particularly technically minded, and would love some info on the difference between the two.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 23:49   #3 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Alternatively can someone give me a phone number of someone who knows (rather than just reading from the options list like I did).???
Old 10-01-2002, 23:57   #4 (permalink)
svoghia

confused

Who knows. but hey. im sure someone can clear it up
Old 10-02-2002, 02:00   #5 (permalink)

I think what you read in the brochure is more accurate than the web site - I've found discrepencies on the web site ever since it was introduced - the web site is designed/maintained by a third party and the information becomes muddled/lost/mistranslated by the web designer who probably knows zilch about cars anyway.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:27   #6 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

T3Man.. Yeh I tend to agree with you but it would be nice to get it from someone from the big blue oval in the sky...
All the info re Traction Control- No LSD vs LSD - No Traction Cont. seems to be a concern. The other reason I have doubts is that I called into a local Melbourne dealer and asked for Option pricing. The list I got had a price for prestige paint. I questioned this re the XR and he said "things are changing!" Almost to say that "Yeh thats waht the brocure lists but it is not true..".

I just want to get the facts and nothing but the facts...
Old 10-02-2002, 21:03   #7 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

I have beeing doing some more research.
I went to Bayford and had a look at a few BA XR6 n/a.

They have
1 x Black Auto -Red int.
1 x Red Manual with Leather and Premium Sound (Colour TFT)
1 x Silver Auto - Red int.

All of these cars and Std Xr6's with 17" Wheels fresh off the truck.
I hope the suspension settles down and lowers the car as it looked high to me. (Did not drive any :-( )

Re my quesiton above all of the N/A cars (with or without leather) do not get the rear center arm rest and non have the sunglasses holer (the base Fairmont does) Maybe the XR6T and XR8 are different. But cant see them making different seats for the base XR6.

Also the only way to tell if the XR has the premium 6stack system is the larger TFT colour display in the dash and a speaker grill in the middle of the rear parcel shelf. There is no markings to say 6 Stack on the sound system. (in the base fairmont with presteige sound - Mono screen and 6 stack it does have the words 6 stack)... The STD XR6 gets boot carpet in the boot (including under the parcel shelf) but not on the inside of the boot lid. The fairmon does get the carpet on the inside of the boot lid. Also when the XR has the premium sound system there is an extra bulge of carpet covering the sub woofer in the boot so it can not be damaged by good in the boot.

I am still looking for an answer to the question of does the XR6T / XR8 come with BOTH LSD and traction control. Any one?
Old 10-02-2002, 21:31   #8 (permalink)
Mighty Highlig

The XR6T definatley comes with traction control becuase i saw the button to turn it on/off.

I also imagine that it has to come with LSD as that is how they have been showing it on the spec sheets.

I think that the reason why they dont offet LSD and traction control as a valid option is not because its not possible but to prevent people from getting everything that the XR6T/XR8 has. Therefor to entice them to spend the extra bucks for those must have options to get the XR6T/XR8.
Old 10-02-2002, 21:46   #9 (permalink)

you can not have traction control and lsd together for technical reasons. one or the other folks
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 22:05   #10 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

61sg,
I have been reading other posts re the LSD vs Traction Cont. I can see the technical reasons (if the new Traction Control does in fact use the brakes as part of the function) I have not seen any one "Technical" from Ford come on and advise either way (Not intending to question your knowledge). I guess my question comes from the fact that the Options brochure lists them both as standard on the XR6T and XR8. As per above I have already shown the brochure to be inacurate.. Grrrr....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub