Ethanol @ Mobil - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2002, 14:39   #1 (permalink)
D_XR6 in a previous life

Ethanol @ Mobil

Hi Everyone,

As this topic is of great concern to a lot of people (especially myself) I have decided to start making enquiries at the different service stations that I normally get my fuel from.

I also know that there are a few other threads on this at the moment but I wanted to start a fresh one with fresh information.

This morning when filling up at Mobil I enquired to the lady behind the counter about if Mobil was adding any ethanol to the fuel or if there was information that had been released in a brochure etc..

She (as expected!) didnt know as she had not been informed, but she was very helpful and gave me card with the Mobil customer service number:
***********MOBIL 1800 631 296**************.

When I called Mobil the lady stated (and I quote)
Mobile - "Mobil does not add any ethanol to their fuels"
Me - "No ethanol is added to the fuels at all?"
Mobil - "We have not been advised that Mobil is adding any ethanol to our fuels"

Hopefully some good news if you can believe her??!!!

I would also suggest that anyone that is worried about ethanol to call Mobil and also to ask other service stations like Shell etc that way we can all find out more information and hopefully save our engines in the long run!!
D_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2002, 14:46   #2 (permalink)
Satisfied at last

I've been told by 3 different Shell servo's that Shell does not add Ethanol.

That may be just the ACT though.
Old 12-15-2002, 15:37   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Some how i think the petrol companies aren't going to tell the truth about it all. Perhpas since this Ethanol issue has been in the spot light the petrol companies and stations have not been adding ethanol as there paranoid they may be caught.

Anyone notice there cars going alot better after a tank of fuel?

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 15:45   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

The Shell garage where I usually fill up (NSW-Illawarra) has a large banner draped outside saying;

No Ethanol is added to our Fuel

or someting like that.
Old 12-15-2002, 15:49   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Some how i think the petrol companies aren't going to tell the truth about it all. Perhpas since this Ethanol issue has been in the spot light the petrol companies and stations have not been adding ethanol as there paranoid they may be caught.

Anyone notice there cars going alot better after a tank of fuel?
Funny you should mention that - I've run about three tanks of fuel through in the last week and have noticed improved economy. Been getting about 23.5 mpg (sorry, old language) instead of 22 mpg.

I filled up in Richmond yesterday at Woolies - they have signs on the pumps stating NO ETHANOL - I thanked the attendant for publishing that info as it is important to me, and also suggested they could put it up on their price board in the street so all motorists can see it. She told me Woolies Plus don't use ethanol full stop - she seemed very definite about it.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 15:58   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally posted by RAPTOR
The Shell garage where I usually fill up (NSW-Illawarra) has a large banner draped outside saying;

No Ethanol is added to our Fuel

or someting like that.

It was only a matter of time before the SMART servo operators starting doing this.

I wonder how much longer it will be before the ACCC catches someone doing it who DOES add ethanol anyway and is just lying about it...
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 19:00   #7 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

[quote][b]When I called Mobil the lady stated (and I quote)
Mobile - "Mobil does not add any ethanol to their fuels"
Me - "No ethanol is added to the fuels at all?"
Mobil - "We have not been advised that Mobil is adding any ethanol to our fuels"
[b/][quote/]

What that means is mobil does not add ethanol at the plant.

And that We prefer not to be told about our franchisee's adding ethanol to our fuel.

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 23:24   #8 (permalink)

Beatnik> That's exactly how I interpreted it too - maybe I'm overly cynical.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 23:33   #9 (permalink)
goooone

I emailed Shell about this & within an hour got a call from someone at Shell they said they use no Ethanol in any of there fuels & they keep check on Franchises by checking how much they have sold to the franchise against how much has come out of the pumps as well as constantly checking taking samples from the pumps & comparing it to what they put in he also said they have sever panalties if an outlet is caught tampering with the fuel in anyway. He said Shell did not support the use of Ethanol & is lobbying the govt to have it banned but he said he wasn't allowed to go into detail about this & that they thought from what they were told that quite likely the Government would make the use of around 10% ethanol actually mandatory but they were trying to prevent this but ultimately it was out of there hands & would comply if they had to
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:12   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by T3man

I filled up in Richmond yesterday at Woolies.

It's interesting that you mentioned Woolies. That would be one servo that I wouldn't fill up at, thinking that they would mix fuel.

Maybe I was wrong, I hope so anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub