Ethanol in Petrol - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2003, 19:27   #1 (permalink)

Ethanol in Petrol

Drove through Balhannah yesterday (Adelaide Hills). There's Liberty Servo with a stonking great sign out the front reading ;

Absolutely no ethanol used in our fuels.

If anyone is around that area, could you drop by and thanks. Tell the servo owner that he'll be my first stop for fuel from now on when i'm in that area again, and i would of put a tanks worth in had i not already done it Hahndorf.

Also, anyone been up the Eagle on the hill road lately. Its awesome. Two lanes and absoulutly no traffic - great fang road!
MrBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2003, 20:03   #2 (permalink)

MrBrock

You really must behave, you're polluting this board. Next you'll be telling everyone on the Gofergrannypoweredforums.com to fill up their batteries at blah blah's so that if they lean over the handlebars they'll go faster as they slug it up onto Eagle on the Hill.

I think that's enough, I'll annoy someone else on another board.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 20:19   #3 (permalink)

Huh? Did i miss something?

I thought with the current hoo har about the Ethanol used in fuels that this would be a timely and appropriate discussion.

Please re-read my post, i never told anyone to go fill up here or there. Although it could be interpreted from the post. If this offends you, sorry, but i can not help your interpretations on what i write.

This is infact the first criticism i have ever takan about any of my posts over several forums. If any other members have anything they would like to say please do. I would hate to think that i actually am polluting these boards.

Of course, if i have missed the point of your post jonk, or merely mis-interpreted it, please disregard what i have said.
Old 01-14-2003, 20:43   #4 (permalink)

Don't worry MrBrock my post to you was purely a joke(not at you). No harm intended.

Ethanol is OK but I doubt were ever going to have a say on it much in the future. A certain person who runs the country decided to let one his mates have the monopoly on Ethanol topping up unleaded.

Sorry if my smart ars##d post caught you out.

Cheers and enjoy the ride up through the Adelaide Hills.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 20:54   #5 (permalink)

my old merc had a blocked FUEL distributor (machanical injection) was going to be 700 for second hand one, one bottle of metho fixed that! (98% ethanol) I love the stuff!
AU Series 1 I6 Futura, 17" XR Series III Rims, Kings superlow springs and Bilstien shocks, K-MAC adjustable caber kit, xr8 snorkle, BMC Filter, EF a/box lid, custom storm water pipeing, pacemakers, h/flow cat, 2 1/2" zorst mandrel bent, dyno'd @ 117.2kwrw b4 bmc
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 22:27   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: Ethanol in Petrol

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrock
Drove through Balhannah yesterday (Adelaide Hills). There's Liberty Servo with a stonking great sign out the front reading ;

Absolutely no ethanol used in our fuels.

If anyone is around that area, could you drop by and thanks. Tell the servo owner that he'll be my first stop for fuel from now on when i'm in that area again, and i would of put a tanks worth in had i not already done it Hahndorf.

Also, anyone been up the Eagle on the hill road lately. Its awesome. Two lanes and absoulutly no traffic - great fang road!
Beware.

There are a few I know in Sydney that do the same..

1) My understanding is that ethanol is added at the refinery also, 100% pure petrol is hard to find. You'd never be able to guarantee no ethanol.

2) One station in particular also advertises that fact and I've often seen it getting a mysterious delivery at 3am from an unmarked truck.

3) There are other additives other than ethanol that proprietors use to dilute the fuel to their advantage.

I've only seen those signs infront of independant stations and for quite awhile now I've refused to fill at an independant and I've yet to have a situation where after a tank fill my car feels sluggish and prone to pinging since.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 00:22   #7 (permalink)
goooone

There is a late model Corrolla dead standard & driven midly with cracked bores & a tank loaded with ethanol
Coincidence?!?
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:12   #8 (permalink)
3FB Food Press

Quote:
Originally posted by ir33t
my old merc had a blocked FUEL distributor (machanical injection) was going to be 700 for second hand one, one bottle of metho fixed that! (98% ethanol) I love the stuff!
I see John Howard has joined Ford Forums.
Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub