EU:Spied:Ford Focus RS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 06:50   #1 (permalink)

EU:Spied:Ford Focus RS

Spied: Ford Focus RS

Super-Focus poised to take on EVO X in Europe.

BY STEVE SILER, PHOTOGRAPHY BY HANS G. LEHMANN/HIDDEN IMAGE
CAR & DRIVER

Tantamount to rubbing salt in the long-bleeding wounds of American Blue-oval enthusiasts, Ford TeamRS (the European equivalent of SVT) is preparing yet another hot-rod morsel based on its Euro-only Focus: the Focus RS. Though on the outside this test mule looks just like the three-door Focus ST, a turbocharged front driver with a 225-hp five-cylinder engine, certain items like a larger front air intake and unique wheels portend that this one might be, um, special. As in a 300 horsepower, all-wheel-drive special.

How do we know? According to our source, as these shots were snapped, the driver put his foot down, which was followed shortly by the “rally-like sound of a dump valve while shifting gears” and an exhaust note that simply couldn’t be confused with that of the ST’s more modest motor. Oh yeah, and the fact that the re******t rocket-like acceleration came unaccompanied by either any high-pitched squealing or clouds of white smoke from either front tire.

The last time a Focus RS was offered was in 2003 (back when Europe got the same Focus we still get over here), making this one long overdue. Hmm. We’re thinking this could be the perfect thing to fill the garage of a Southern France timeshare. Anyone game to go in with us?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 02:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: EU:Spied:Ford Focus RS

Focus RS

300bhp from the fastest Ford hatch ever – Ford's Focus RS

Text: Automedia / Photos: Automedia
Auto Express

Don’t be fooled by the looks of this test car. It is not the ordinary Ford Focus ST but the brand-new Focus RS. Looking closer at the front end one can see the bigger air intakes and the driver helps drawing the photographers attention by giving him the finger and putting his foot down. The sound of the 300-bhp engine was unmistakable, just like the car’s fast acceleration with four-wheel-drive and the rally-like sound of that dump valve while shifting gears. Add some wide fenders, a more aggressive front end styling and you have the Focus RS, a true competitor to the upcoming EVO X.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

That is awesome if it is 300hp and AWD.

I would buy one of these in a flash if I could afford it.
Old 04-06-2007, 20:53   #4 (permalink)

If that sold in americano one would by a mustang, cuz that focus is so much better looking and performing than anything ford usa has got to offer, cept the stang and gt
woka607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub