expensive shower of rain - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:52   #1 (permalink)
old B - new B

frown expensive shower of rain

i went for a walk in the bush a couple of weekends ago and got caught by a summer storm.

did not think too much about it at the time , it was a hot day and it was actualy quite nice walking in the rain.

seems that modern electrics dont like the water though,

i had my digital camera and my phone in my back pak, both in there own protective cases and wraped in a towel .
when i got back to the car the towel was a bit wet but the camera and phone seemed to be still dry.

next day my phone stoped working
thought i had better check my camera.... would not turn on.

sent it away to the repair shop and they just called today to tell me its not worth fixing ,( water damage ). its a bit over a year old.

over a thousand $$$$ down the drain.

when you think about the treatment my old SLR camera has been through, about 20 years of mud, rain, dirt bike trips, bashed ,droped,you name it, and it never misses a photo.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 03:06   #2 (permalink)
MoreHPformyXR6

Re: expensive shower of rain

over a thousand $$$$ down the drain.

I always though waterproof digital cameras where rather expensive but on the flipside.
When im in the market to upgrade its something i will factor inn.
Old 01-23-2006, 13:33   #3 (permalink)

sht man that sucks...
I had a friend once who was so drunk he pissed his pants while he was sleeping and it destroyed his cell phone.

ha ha... it was in his front pants pocket. Yes he passed out fully clothed and woke up in a pile of piss.. Good Times.
GMACK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 15:28   #4 (permalink)
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy

haha, nice piss story...yeah...

one time about a month ago, i ran over my cell phone...i left the house and it fell out of my pocket and i didnt notice it. it sat on the driveway til i got home that night and i felt this bump...and i was like "shit..." and it was my cell phone.....
Old 01-23-2006, 19:18   #5 (permalink)
old B - new B

thanks for the funny phone stories guys...

i wasnt too concerned about my phone as it was a few years old and about due for replacement anyway. just bought a cheap pre paid and put my card in it.

the new camera is what pissed me off because i had to save up to buy it, got a really good one ( Olympus C-750 ultra zoom ) and now its stuffed and i have to start again.

i was just getting the hang of useing this one properly.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:58   #6 (permalink)
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy

wow, thats a nice camera man. damn, that totally blows. sorry bout that happenin to it.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:47   #7 (permalink)

Bugger aye, my brother and his friends went yabby-ing last year, and he told me that his friend was standing on the bank of a river on his other friend's dad's property. with his phone and wallet in his pockets. Anyway, he reached out to grab a net, lost his footing, and slid into the river, up to his neck. Well his phone was buggered and his wallet smelled BAD. glad it hasnt happened to me yet
XlR8_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 14:58   #8 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

That sux 351 and I'm surprised it was damaged so badly. We have a Nikon digi camera and I havn't really been that careful with it but it has survived so far.

Maybe you get insurance for it.
Old 01-25-2006, 15:03   #9 (permalink)
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy

Big Block has a good point,some things u can claim to ur insurance even if its not under your plan. (this is in USA). but i claimed my stereo bein stolen from my garage, and it counted cuz it was in my house and possession. so it fell under my HomeOwner's Insurance. try that. or do some research about it...
Old 01-25-2006, 15:09   #10 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Home contents insurance was what I was thinking as it quite often covers that sort of thing, even when you have an item away from your home, and it was accidental water damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub