Extra long GT Limo just spotted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2001, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Extra long GT Limo just spotted

Ok Botch, more GT limo info for you.

Last night on my way home from work, I saw a new GT Limo project on the back of a truck heading the other way down the freeway. I only saw it for a couple of seconds but here's what I can remember.

The car was completely stripped and looks like it had just been painted (in white again). Had no front panels or taillights in it so it could be an XY or XW I guess. Stripes had not yet been fitted either, although the blackouts along all the side windows had been done.

But the real important thing was the length. This thing must have been twice the length of any other limo I've seen previously, I mean it was bloody long!! The other one I'd seen previously had in effect the length of an extra pair of doors added between the front and back doors, but this one had probably 2-3 times that length added in. Seriously this must be going for some kind of record...

Can't wait to see this one finished!!
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2001, 18:49   #2 (permalink)
BOF

Twice the length? It couldnt be used as a normal limo, perhaps a promo vehicle, a rigid vehicle that long could never take a normal 90degree turn without mounting curbs and knocking over signposts.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 05:34   #3 (permalink)
Chromed Member

cant type, droooooling.

Sounds like a great project someone there has. Thanks XYFALCON :))

Im not too sure of the licensing in WA, but in vic the car can seat up to 12 passengers, and can be as long as you want, providing it passes all the usual engineering and roadworthy stuff.

Keep an eye out for it, and always carry a camera. The only prob i have when i take my camera somewhere i see NOTHING. Leave it at home and your bound to see something interesting.
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 17:18   #4 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Funny thing is, I keep seeing all these Limo's and such going the other way when I'm going home in peak hour traffic on the freeway. Weird....
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub