Extra shift at broady production line ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 22:12   #1 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

Question Extra shift at broady production line ?

I have heard numerous reports that the waiting list for BA's is steadily growing, with some potential XR6 T customers having to wait until Feb 2003 !

With this in mind, I wonder if Ford is planning to put on an extra shift/overtime to meet customer demand.

Remember that BA Falcons seen on the street now, are worth more than the advertising on TV.

It's good to see Ford is driving demand by producing such a great product - Well Done.
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2002, 22:23   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

yep i've heard this also. I think they'll be ramping up production very soon.

I was told many months ago before Barra was released that the only problem they (Ford) will face is production, seems he was right.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I remember hearing that Ford planned that all along, however they wanted to ramp up BA production slowly to make sure there were no unwanted additional quality issues.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 00:43   #4 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Whats amusing is the fact I havent seen a single BA on the road since its release... Also a little depressing too. I am hoping I am going to wake up one morning an be tripping over them everywhere.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 01:31   #5 (permalink)
Currently in Brasil

Quote:
Originally posted by minteafalcon
Whats amusing is the fact I havent seen a single BA on the road since its release... Also a little depressing too. I am hoping I am going to wake up one morning an be tripping over them everywhere.
Ditto...

I havent seen one DRIVING (except one driving out of my local ford dealer, which i didnt count :) ), and an XR parked on the side of the road

Yet all my friends, family claim to have seen a few!!

It will happen though. Soon, we will be tripping over them!
ghentboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 15:55   #6 (permalink)

I think the limiting factor in production of BA's is engine casting at Geelong (do they still cast or is it a new method?) Please correct me from those that know, but I think Campbellfield only works at one shift per day whereas Holden does 2. That would mean that if supply chain were increased from the other components side and a second shift were introduced at FoMoCo maybe one day more blue ovals will leave the exit door than those with the Lion "trying to stop the wheel rolling away"
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 19:16   #7 (permalink)

There are already a few doing the rounds in Canberra, Futuras and XTs, yet to see an XR.

It will be more interesting to see whether demand continues to rise as hopefully the good name and product is spread through word of mouth. Three months for an XRT might not be long after all.

Another interesting thing is here in ACT, Mr Plod has taken delivery of a new WRX that is now on the streets with full markings. Maybe the XR wait was too long?
AJ's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 21:02   #8 (permalink)

I saw a white one a couple of weeks ago on the road and mistook it as a laser at first cause it looked small. As it got closer they turned on the lights and I noticed the round headlights and realised it was a BA. Also saw a Blueprint XR6 on the back of a truck parked in a depot as I was heading for Beachmere (near Bribie Island). I had to stop and have a look and the guys in the depot wondered what I was doing until they saw my car and then they laughed.

Why ? Because I Can :-)
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 22:29   #9 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Curls
I think the limiting factor in production of BA's is engine casting at Geelong (do they still cast or is it a new method?) Please correct me from those that know, but I think Campbellfield only works at one shift per day whereas Holden does 2. That would mean that if supply chain were increased from the other components side and a second shift were introduced at FoMoCo maybe one day more blue ovals will leave the exit door than those with the Lion "trying to stop the wheel rolling away"

Holden do 2 at the moment, and they are planning to go to 3 to meet with local and international demand
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 05:56   #10 (permalink)
EB XR6 Owner

i haven't yet seen any BA's on the road either. I am still waiting. I have however seen 5-10 VY's on the road and i am starting to get annoyed. I do live in SA, could more Vy's be here because the plant is here??
tizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub