F250 is a real beast - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2001, 23:52   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

F250 is a real beast

I happened to be in Broadmeadows this week and saw one of the new F250's (5 seater). I'm not the type of person to get carried away over a pick-up truck - give me an XR8 anyday - but this thing was massive. Ford should give it it's own postcode. It looks pretty sweet from the front and from the looks of it, you could fit a family of 5 in it and still have enough room to kick a footy around.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2001, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I still remember seeing one for the first time at the motorshow in sydney last year. Man they are HUGE!!.. Be great to drive one as a cruise mobile.. :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 00:39   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Nah, F250's are small - when you're in an F350 (or Excursion, as I was...) :D
Old 08-04-2001, 03:48   #4 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

You want to be careful what you say about the F250.

In the US, the F250 has two body types - it has an F150 body type for the lower spec model with uprated suspension and greater load carrying capability than the F150. The F250 Super Duty is based on the F350 chassis but is shorter and doesn't have the huge MoFo suspension. From the front, the F250 Super Duty and F350 look the same. The Excursion is based on the F250/F350 shared platform, yes. The Expedition is based on the F150 Platform. It's only the F250 Super Duty that Australia is getting. I filmed a RHD F250 with a Turbo 4.2 Litre Diesel 6 - and you can find it here: Aussie Mustang and F250 Film

It's the Expedition that I'd like to see in Australia. The Expedition makes the Land Cruiser look like a Medium Size car, and the Excursion makes it look even smaller. Maybe in a few years time it might be worth while bringing over an Expedition, and fitting the RHD running gear from a Brazil/Aussie RHD F250 into it. Or better still, bring over a Lincoln Navigator, Now THAT would be plush - even in 5 years time! Although Aussie RHD F250's don't get the wood-grained dash....

I don't know if Ford Oz will be bringing in the Excursions, but it'd sure be fun wouldn't it. The Chevy Suburban gets here. I think the Expedition stands a reasonable chance in Oz if they can demonstrate good offroad ability and have a hald decent Diesel.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 16:43   #5 (permalink)

The Sub sank here because of the reworked towing regs. Holden won't even bother looking at bringing the new one here anymore.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub