Factory Warranty - H.M.S. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 18:28   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Factory Warranty - H.M.S.

G'day

Just put my BA XR8 in for its first 3000km service today. I have been looking at either extractors, air filter & herrod induction kit for some time & i asked the warranty boss at my local dealer how this would affect warranty.

Basically after a bit of a discussion what it comes down to, apart from extractors. Any mods to the air-intake even a air-filter will void the warranty if they can relate it to the induction. In other words he was saying that if there is a problem such as any faults with pistons etc, there going to blame it on the induction kit! Which i thought was a load of !

But i guess there isnt much we can do about this! Only if Herrod Motorsport was recognised as a Ford Dealer we could have a win in this situation! The good old blue oval strikes a blow again!

The other interesting point I heard was that a few of the Holden dealers now offer induction, unichip & full exhaust with in the warranty to most customers. Maybe Ford should recognize the money & effort Herrod Motorsport put into the development of their products! At least D.J.R. has!

Cheers

Memphis.
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2004, 23:04   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: Factory Warranty - H.M.S.

It would be a great move for Ford fans if someone like DJR was allow to set up like HSV. If you want extra mods say from body kits to chip, exhaust and intake ect, you could order it from new.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:34   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis
But i guess there isnt much we can do about this! Only if Herrod Motorsport was recognised as a Ford Dealer we could have a win in this situation! The good old blue oval strikes a blow again!
Some dealers do authorise aftermarket parts. Depending on your state of residence you can get from your dealer and receive full warranty support of:

Unichip/TSI Module
Extractors
cat-back exhaust systems
induction work
suspension work
turbo upgrades (more PSI in the XR6T) to something like 295kW (so not covering bolt ons).

Most of this equipment is either HMS made and installed at the dealers or of equivelent (Unichip dyno tuning).

If your dealer won't, find one that does - or get your dealer to speak to others that will to work out something similar.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:31   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

From what the dealer was saying today, yes it 'may' void your warranty. An example he gave me was that the k&n lets more water etc, through the filter which could inturn lead to motor damage.

Interesting hey...!

Cheers Memphis
Old 01-15-2004, 15:20   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Can someone lead me in the right direction to a dealer that allows mods such as, herrord air-intake & air-injection unit & BMC Filters!

Cheers

Memphis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub