Fairlane Mark 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 17:46   #1 (permalink)

Fairlane Mark 2

Any news on Fairlane Mark 2 ? Like ,less Falcon looking, different dash etc?
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 21:16   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: Fairlane Mark 2

There is no Fairlane MKII.

Well not yet anyway. Sometime this year Ford will start making the 6 speed auto boxes. So maybe June-ish we might see the 6 speed Fairlane and LTD (only with V8).

Personally I think they should include; All models
- ESP (as seen in the territory, Calais, Statesman, Caprice, Acclaim and most new cars) ESP also has CBC, EBA, etc
- 10Kw power upgrade for both the I6 and the V8 for a total of 192Kw and 230Kw
- ventilated brakes all corners (Territory rear discs)
- LWB should get thicker glass (all windows) to improve NVH, better insulate the interior and provide some personal protection from attacks. Plus will give the car a much more solid feel.
- a optional and suitable bodykit to make them look fatter and longer atleast on the G230.
- new alloys 17" (18" Optional for G230 and chrome for the LTD)
- 10 way power seats on all LWB models

For the LTD
- LTD gets heated seats
- LTD gets LED lighting (brakes, indicators, indicators on mirrors, parkers front)
- LTD gets front parking sensors and headlight washer jets (for a xenon type look).
- Two 4.5" LCD screens in the rear for passengers connected to a Digital set top box(standard) for TV or/and a DVD player or playstation etc
- Unique interior colours for LTD (with a choice)

And to top off the launch:
25 extremely limited edition LTD-HO, in black with unique interior (black), with the FPV engine and xr8 bonnet, premium brakes, special body kit, sport suspension, 18" Chrome wheels, unique stainless steel exhaust with Chrome tip (simular to a XR model). All options standard (sat nav, DVD). POA

But Ford would not be in making a LWB car slightly interesting. Its XT sized 16" wheels and mechanicals wrapped up in a warped Fairmont body and charge customers more than a GT for it.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 00:13   #3 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Here Here, i say drop the boat all together, its not like the sell many anyways (something like 2500 a year).

Imagine if they spent the extra build time building cars that people actually want, like the XR6 Turbo and XR8?
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 00:45   #4 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

If that happened, we'd be giving holden a 100% share of the local luxo-barge market. I doubt I'd choose a G220 over an XR8 or XR6T (mainly due to $$$ difference), but if a 290kw version ("T4"?) complete with horny bulge was on the market, I'd choose that over the XRs!

One of my favorite AUs was the TL50 :p

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 15:00   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Ford doesn't sell many.. Holden sells bucket loads.. Sell massive in UAE. tens of thousands..

But Ford doesn't want to make money.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:46   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhido
Ford doesn't sell many.. Holden sells bucket loads.. Sell massive in UAE. tens of thousands..

But Ford doesn't want to make money.
Only because GM had nothing to replace their previous chevy cars sold there. Lets not kid ourselves no aussie-built car would go anywhere if a US built model could do the same job for less.

And I think you should say Ford doesn't want to spend the money or had much left over after the Falcon development (on improving the LWB cars) first to make more money later...
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 13:29   #7 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Quote:
There is no Fairlane MKII.

Well not yet anyway. Sometime this year Ford will start making the 6 speed auto boxes. So maybe June-ish we might see the 6 speed Fairlane and LTD (only with V8).
Sweet, 6 speeds. Bring on 3.45 diff gears too

Quote:
For the LTD
- LTD gets heated seats
- LTD gets LED lighting (brakes, indicators, indicators on mirrors, parkers front)
- LTD gets front parking sensors and headlight washer jets (for a xenon type look).
- Two 4.5" LCD screens in the rear for passengers connected to a Digital set top box(standard) for TV or/and a DVD player or playstation etc
- Unique interior colours for LTD (with a choice)
At least. I'd love to see the LTD tackle the presige market.
Quote:
And to top off the launch:
25 extremely limited edition LTD-HO, in black with unique interior (black), with the FPV engine and xr8 bonnet, premium brakes, special body kit, sport suspension, 18" Chrome wheels, unique stainless steel exhaust with Chrome tip (simular to a XR model). All options standard (sat nav, DVD). POA
It would have to be backed with the power and 3.7 diff gears to move the weight and help it tow.
Can't see it happening due to costs though.

Oh to dream :D
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 14:18   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Only because GM had nothing to replace their previous chevy cars sold there. Lets not kid ourselves no aussie-built car would go anywhere if a US built model could do the same job for less.
Yes, but scince replacement, the Holden has completely owned the market and out sold just about everything else 3 or 4 to 1. They sell more LWB cars each year to UAE than the australian market buys in 2 years, and Holdens LWB cars have been some of the most successful LWB cars in Australia.

I don't think GM could realistically bin the Lumina and Caprice from Australia anymore. They are a perfect fit.

I personally think its only a matter of time before LHD Falcons, Fairlanes and territories become avalible. But before that happens Ford is going to have to can highly unprofitable fleet sales to free up volume for bigger $ export earners.

With export credits ford can afford things like imported gearboxes (which they all will be soon) and small cars with lower RRP.

Personally I don't think it was about R & D $'s for the LWB cars, it was abit lacking in vision and they had just hoped the huge success of the Falcon would make the Fairlane/LTD sell automatically.
Old 01-05-2005, 16:30   #9 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Well it would appear that Ford has not got the production facilities or capacity to produce LHD falcons, let alone the money to invest in developing a LHD program.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 18:41   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

LHD falcons would be for export only. Another Ford division could front up the money for LHD falcons if needed, like Buick did for Holden. I doubt its going to happen on the current platform, but the next generation Falcon will almost definately be avalible for LHD, as by then the Crown Vic will most likely be put out of its misery.

All new Falcon/Fairlane should arrive late 2006 or 2007ish. From what people have seen they definately seem interesting. Although I don't think anyone(outside of ford) has seen the new Fairlane at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub