Re: Fairlane Mark 2
There is no Fairlane MKII.
Well not yet anyway. Sometime this year Ford will start making the 6 speed auto boxes. So maybe June-ish we might see the 6 speed Fairlane and LTD (only with V8).
Personally I think they should include; All models
- ESP (as seen in the territory, Calais, Statesman, Caprice, Acclaim and most new cars) ESP also has CBC, EBA, etc
- 10Kw power upgrade for both the I6 and the V8 for a total of 192Kw and 230Kw
- ventilated brakes all corners (Territory rear discs)
- LWB should get thicker glass (all windows) to improve NVH, better insulate the interior and provide some personal protection from attacks. Plus will give the car a much more solid feel.
- a optional and suitable bodykit to make them look fatter and longer atleast on the G230.
- new alloys 17" (18" Optional for G230 and chrome for the LTD)
- 10 way power seats on all LWB models
For the LTD
- LTD gets heated seats
- LTD gets LED lighting (brakes, indicators, indicators on mirrors, parkers front)
- LTD gets front parking sensors and headlight washer jets (for a xenon type look).
- Two 4.5" LCD screens in the rear for passengers connected to a Digital set top box(standard) for TV or/and a DVD player or playstation etc
- Unique interior colours for LTD (with a choice)
And to top off the launch:
25 extremely limited edition LTD-HO, in black with unique interior (black), with the FPV engine and xr8 bonnet, premium brakes, special body kit, sport suspension, 18" Chrome wheels, unique stainless steel exhaust with Chrome tip (simular to a XR model). All options standard (sat nav, DVD). POA
But Ford would not be in making a LWB car slightly interesting. Its XT sized 16" wheels and mechanicals wrapped up in a warped Fairmont body and charge customers more than a GT for it.