Falcon GTHO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 23:29   #1 (permalink)

Falcon GTHO

Hello everybody.

I thought i might start a thread for drawings of what we would like the GTHO to look like and represent. Then maybe we could send the best ones to the designers column in wheels or motor. well I am only 16 and just finished drawing my first prototype of what i think the GTHO should kind of look like. it took me 20 mins to do the both of them. The first is more of a scetch and teh second one for of proper drawing.

I am not looking for critisism. This is my first time so please tell me what you think and post your own drawings up. Who knows we can send the to ford to see what they think of our talent.

These 2 drawings were very very quickly done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruff copy.jpg (40.0 KB, 558 views)
HecticWogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2003, 23:30   #2 (permalink)

And proper copy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtho.jpg (33.2 KB, 544 views)
Old 04-17-2003, 23:31   #3 (permalink)

As a concept design being completely out of proportion (which the best way to make what you want stand out) that looks a little mean.

Get a photoshop boy (CSV_ls1 might do alright) to work on a current GT pic and add things similar, you will probably find it looks good.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

I'd like the HO not to have a rear spoiler and have all rear downforce be created from under the car.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 23:55   #5 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

And Most (if not all) visual presence on the road, not on places like the bonnet or boot - IE no over the top ricey spoilers....

It should actually be function before design.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 23:56   #6 (permalink)

yes that is a good idea. some cars that are very well redone (done up) look really good with no spoiler.
Old 04-17-2003, 23:57   #7 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

I think that the GTHO should be only marginally different to the standard GT appearance wise, it should however carry a lot more grunt. And while I'm on this topic I am going to have a whinge

I have heard a lot of my friends say that the GT looks to much like the standard falcon, and that Holden done a better job in bringing back the monaro. However in there day the monaros were a very different car to the basic run of the mill holden, it was an entirely different body. Whereas the GT, and GTHO were jsut hotted up falcons. Therefore for Ford to remain the the GTHO namesake the GTHO should be visually similar but mechanically superior. The place where Holden went wrong is that they released a two door commodore which had the same engines as the SS anyway! The only reason it is faster is because of the weight.

Now I feel much better and I may be wrong in some aspects of this but I am only 17....

But more on the topic the GTHO should be a faster GT. What would be very nice is limited edition wheels that are only for the GT and that can somehow not be copied and that also change every time the model changes. And also a more subtle rear spoiler. I think that the best portrait of what I am saying is the current GT pic so no need to post one for me...
Sorry for the lecture lads

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 00:38   #8 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

I'd like to see the old XC bonnet nostrils worked into the GT bonnet bulge somehow. So that part of the design I like.

The Shaker only really needs to be there if the GTHO is blown, and the jury is out on that one. I personally think blowing the HO (The Huffer Option) is the way to go, but that's been covered elsewhere.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37   #9 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Thought would the GTHO be better with light weight as much as possible so no extra features. Much like the Cobra R Mustang where even the radio,air con is an extra.Or a GTHO,P or R so they may be able to race in that weight...Or be a real goer on the street. With massive brakes /wheels etc
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:42   #10 (permalink)
wanting 6 gears!

that drawing looks like the leader of all rice burners. It dont need riced up, just a hell of alot of power and good exterior.
blinkAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub