Falcon prices at auctions in Sydney - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2003, 01:08   #1 (permalink)

Question Falcon prices at auctions in Sydney

Hi All,
I don't post often here, but I need to get a second car so would appreciate some advice.
I see that there are auctions in Sydney next week with a few E-series falcons.

Could anybody advise what these usually go for at the Auctions?

Sorry not to be too specific about which type (EB, ED, EF etc), but this is because I'm not sure what they go for. I would prefer a car under $5K but really it is more important to get a good basic car which is in good nick. I could be tempted to an AU if there was a good one at the right price, which I realise would be well over $5K.

Pickles has a bunch of them coming up next week.

I'm in Canberra, so it may be worth the trip as there is less choice in our used car market.

Advice would be appreciated.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2003, 01:44   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

You could get an ED - in good nick for under 5K.
An EF/EL would set you back a little more.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:24   #3 (permalink)

auctions can be very good to you, an EF may not be out of the question
but i'd expect an EB II - ED for that price.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 16:44   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Having worked in the same space as Pickles in Newcastle, I can tell you that $5k will get you anything from EB-EL. If you are willing to hold out to find the "perfect bargain", you may get supremely lucky! I have seen plenty of EF's going for around $5k, and in one instance, an EF Fairmont with 210,000km (and in pretty reasonable condition!), went for $5,500.

Take your time, keep an eye on the auction houses websites to see what's coming up, and don't rush things. You WILL get a bargain if you are willing to be dilligent.
Old 05-01-2003, 19:15   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

My neighbour bought a '97 Magna at Fowles here in Melbourne for $4000! Anything can happen at auction.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 19:26   #6 (permalink)

You would probably looking at about $10K for an AU but as others have said anything can happen at auctions so you could get one cheaper. A mate just picked up an 180,000km EF sedan in Canberra (dunno if it was auction or private) for $5000.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 21:11   #7 (permalink)

Auction cars...... hmmmm, I won't touch them, I reckon some of them are worse that taxis...

Cars from big companys and government at auctions have been driven hard from day one... They have had hundreds of different drivers and each driver doesn't normally get to drive a new car outside of work so they give them a hard time... I reckon in the long run you would be better of with a more expenisve private car..

just my thoughts....
XRBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 21:53   #8 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Its certainly not always the case XRBURNS. Many will be company cars given as part of a salary package and only driven by one or 2 people, particularily the upspec stuff like XR's, Fairmonts etc.

The luxo stuff are probably the best buys, usually driven sedately by company execs, serviced correctly and they tend to fall in price quite quickly, again compare Fairmont vs XR6 Falcons, both similar in price when new, but the Monty is a few K cheaper 2nd hand.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:59   #9 (permalink)

AS mr sparkle suggested $5g is more than enough to pick up an EF ,if you hold out they come up ever so often,just keep going every week ,youll be suprised what some cars go for,some cars go for silly(high) money but mainly 4cyl,autos,fords especially make you cry when you see a year and a half old fairlane go for less than half it new purchase price ............. good for the second buyer though.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:11   #10 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

does anyone know how much 5 litre EB/ED's go for, say a fairmont, at melbourne auctions?.
Will hopefully be my second car
Cheers
Mason.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub