Falcons poor resale - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2002, 20:55   #1 (permalink)

Falcons poor resale

We drive the best cars in Australia, but I cannot believe the resale rating of these cars!! I was told my car is only worth 13 thou at trade in?? 99 mod, 80k on the clock, immaculate condition. It is just too depressing!! Then driving home I spot an AUI XR8 for sale at a dealer in Penrith for only $23000 with only 90 thou on the clock. Cheap car, but I feel sorry for the guy who sold it to them!!
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2002, 21:01   #2 (permalink)

i know simon... i saw a falcon just like mine, although 2000 model (mine's november 1999), and it was up for sale for $23,000 so i'd probably be looking at trade in value of about $15-16K

it's heartbreaking to see your pride and joy so undervalued!
Old 01-21-2002, 21:03   #3 (permalink)

oh! but this may be what will save ford!
right now, you can buy a falcon that is 2-3 years old and in great condition for $14-15K. i'm sure this will attract prospective second hand car buyers because it's just damned great value!
Old 01-21-2002, 21:05   #4 (permalink)

Nick, if I do sell it, I more than likely be taking all the good stuff off it, Wheels, Stereo, Grille etc. Might give you a call huh? they only want to pay 13 - 14 grand for it then they get a basic poverty pack heap of sh*t!!
Old 01-21-2002, 21:13   #5 (permalink)

oh man, definitely take all the good stuff off it and sell it separately if you can't use it in your next car! and if you do sell it, call me first!!! hehe

but seriously, if you do take the good bits off and decide to sell them, let me know! i'm definitely interested in the wheels and grille. those wheels are the only 17s i'd settle for... simply gorgeous...
Old 01-22-2002, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Re: Falcons poor resale

Quote:
Originally posted by AU_guy
We drive the best cars in Australia, but I cannot believe the resale rating of these cars!! I was told my car is only worth 13 thou at trade in?? 99 mod, 80k on the clock, immaculate condition. It is just too depressing!! Then driving home I spot an AUI XR8 for sale at a dealer in Penrith for only $23000 with only 90 thou on the clock. Cheap car, but I feel sorry for the guy who sold it to them!!
Man it's definitly bad for us guys who own falcons and want to trade up. If they only give you 13k what about my baby 1994 with 204k on the clock, i don't even want to ask it will depress me too much. Definitly take all the goodies out of the car if your going to sell it? BTW have you got the car sorted yet Simon?

By the same token though $23000 for an AU1 XR8 sounds good, is it manual?

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:12   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
thats why "I gotta ute". i will rarely use the tray for anything. the major reason i chose ute as apposed to sedan or wagon was resale.

my last car was an xf sedan. i got 500 bucks trade for it and it was in great nick and a ridgy didge manual to boot. 2 weeks later my best mate traded his xf ute, 2 yrs older, 200000 more ks and roo damage on the front for 3 grand. see my point?

i realise a lot of people don't have the option (kids etc) but if the option is their i say take it. they are cheeper to buy new too.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:14   #8 (permalink)

oh, also, when you get all those pissed mates at the pub wanting to pile in your nice car for a ride home you can just say "sorry fellas, i gotta ute":s3
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:24   #9 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I bought my AU S pack brand new in 99 for around $38000 (from memory) optioned up and on road costs.

I traded it in on my AUII XR6 HP October 2001 with 38000 kms and in imaculate condition. When they came back from the evaluation I got the famous line "how much do you think your car is worth?" I told them that the only thing that I know is that I need $22000 to make it work. I was told the car was worth $18500. In the end I got $24500 for it.

The car was sold before it got displayed in the yard to a mate of one of the salesman. Since he works with my brother in law we found out that he paid only $22000.

I'm still trying to work out who got the best deal out of it!
Old 01-22-2002, 03:54   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

One of the main things I am factoring in with my calculations is resale. Doing my sums based on an AUIII XR8 with a few add ons I'm struggling to justify spending soo much on a new baby when I can take at least a portion of the hit on it by buying a demo or FoMoCo exec car. Personally I'd like to go with the exec option but I'll just have to wait to see whats available..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub