The Family. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

The Family.

Hey guys.....just cruising along and was thinking of my little kids and marvellous wife .....It doesn't get any better than this!!! I mean how when you think of how important they are you have got tom say that the dynamics of the family are just amazing!!
We get married have kiddies and gently age as life rolls on with a funny feeling as the kids get taller and you have to ask yourself ...what more do you really really need.
The cars,(except fords) money and all that jazz just does not compare or mean anything.
I dont know why I posted this ..I guess its nice to talk about something which so many people sometime take for granted.

I am starting to sound like my old man......
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 23:21   #2 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Re: The Family.

can I have your wife ?????? LOL
Old 12-06-2004, 23:33   #3 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Ill send you a hair ..you can clone her
Old 12-06-2004, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

I know what you mean, useless.
My kids getting bigger (2&half yr old and a 5 day old), and I got the car I wanted 10 yrs earlier than planned. Don't have a big house, but don't care either. Work is pretty good (I like my job) and things are just settling down nicely.
Old 12-07-2004, 00:07   #5 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Ill send you a hair ..you can clone her
lol thanks mate !!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 00:21   #6 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Yep, never take your family for granted. I've know how fast it can all be snatched away from you.
Watching my son grow is pretty amazing, one week he was smaller than me, the next he's towering over me. I'm happy with everything I've got. I may not be rich when it comes to material things or money. But I'm rich for having my son, The Maddestman and most of my family.
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:19   #7 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Yep ....I just watched a video of my little boy when he was 1 and it makes me wonder how time fliesand how cute thay were..like litlle penguins or cuddly koalas.......It makes me just want to spend more time with them.It is like a gift from god tat we are blessed with to watch this baby become a little boy ,then school kid and on and on.Its like we watch their life story unfold.We have the power to mold them and create a better future by setting some good rules for them to guide them in life.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:29   #8 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Good luck to you and your family mate.
Some of us less fortunate souls can get whatever we want
with money, but a family is the one thing you cannot buy..

I'm still dreaming of having mine one day!

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:40   #9 (permalink)
waiting 4, 2nd Grandchild

I too hear what you are all saying. I can remember the birth of my first (gambit) like it was yesterday and now, here I am about to be a grandparent again as my daughter has her second child

Material things are just that...not significant in the whole scheme of things. They are here today and can be gone tomorrow, but families and the memories they bring will linger forever.

'Blood is thicker than water' as the saying goes, so for those out there who haven't spoken to their loved ones in awhile, now is the time to give them a call. Life is way to short

My parents are elderly, and I treasure every second of their time that I have with them
xrgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:07   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

It kinda sends home that the pot of gold was with me all the time.We work hard for money only to find that time is so precious.We somehow think that true contentment is trying to find happiness in things that really don't cut it. The pace of modern society is one of rush ....its wrong!!!!
Family and self reflection are where good things that really lie.
Ed ,you will find someone when you least expect it,and have kids dog etc. If I can do it anyone can.As long as its functioning of course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub