The Farce and the Ficticious - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2002, 15:42   #1 (permalink)

roll The Farce and the Ficticious

At least that's what The Fast and the Furious should be called. That's1 hour and 47 minutes of my life i'll never get back. :fmad: More rice than supper time at a sushi bar on a Saturday night. Nearly as bad as Braddon on a Friday night.

Paul Walker plays Brian Spindler an undercover cop that is investigating a series of truck robberies, committed by ricers in Honda Civics (complete with undercar neon lights ala our own Neon Queen Kelli). Spindler, who works at the local speed shop where all the ricers buy their go fast bits, gets in with one of the ricer gangs after saving the leader Dominic Toretto (played by Vin Diesel) from the cops.

Spindler and Toretto have a run in with a gang of Asian ricers/bikers and this leads him to believe that the they are responsible for the truck hi-jackings. Spindlers police buddies are on his case to get this case solved but he seems more interested in Toretto's spunky little sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) and racing rice mobiles.

The cops raid a few premises owned by the Asian gang and find no evidence to convict them of any crime except for a couple of outstanding speeding fines, so it's back to square one for them. All the cops except Spindler are convinced that Toretto is involved (oprobably cause he's screwing Toretto's sister).

Eventually Spindler comes around and decides his buddies might be right after he sees Toretto, Toretto's girlfriend and Vince sneek off together in the middle of the middle of the night. He confesses to Mia that he's really a cop and begs her to help him catch her brother before the truckers take the law into their own hands. She eventually relents and gives him Toretto's cell phone number so the cops can trace where he is.

Meanwhile, back with Toretto and friends the latest hi-jacking starts to go horribly wrong with the trucker pulling out a shotgun and trying to blow Vince away as he attempts to scramble over the bonnet of the rig Mad Max style while hanging from a wire cable that is attached to the passenger seat of the truck.

Spindler and Mia turn up and rescue Vince from the truck but not before Toretto's girlfriend gets shot buy the trucker. Vince's arm is quite badly cut up after having the wire cable wrapped around it and Spindler calls an ambulance, and reveals to Toretto that he's really a cop. Toretto is horrified to learn this of course and struggles with mixed emotions as he watches his girlfriend and buddy lie there in agony. He decides to do nothing at the time but takes off in his Honda ricer taking Mia with him.

This is where the film gets slightly interesting. Toretto also has a scmick Dodge Charger with a trick looking supercharged V8 (Hemi?) in it sitting in his garage. Quite a contrast to the rest of the ricer POS in the film. This beautiful black beast used to belong to Toretto's late father and up until now has always been too scared to drive it. Spindler rocks up to Toretto's house and exchange a few words and point some guns at each other and then a couple of guys from the Asian ricer/biker gang do a drive by one handed machine gun shooting trashing Toretto's car (good riddance to bad rice:s6:) but miraculously not scratching Spindler's Supra.

Toretto jumps in the Charger and takes off after the Asians with Spindler in hot pursuit. Eventually after truckloads of bullets are exchanged between the Asians (amazing how they ride a motorbike one-handed and shoot and reload a machine gun ) and Spindler and Toretto the Asians are out of action. Spindler and Toretto then pull up at a set of traffic lights and have a drag! It turns out pretty much dead even (yeh right, 4cyl beats blown Hemi ) and nearly get trashed by a train while they are at it.

As they are slowing down after their drag Toretto isn't concentrating and wipes out a car causing the Charger to leap into the air and barrell roll several times, basically totaling it.
Spindler feels sorry for him and gives him the his Supra and lets him escape and they all lived happily ever after.

:

The plot and story in this film is so flimsy it could be re-used as Jennifer Lopez's next Emmy Awards outfit.

It also shows a very dangerous practice where all the ricers have their NOS systems hidden under their seats.

All in all a pretty crappy film, don't watch it unless you are extremely bored or are like me and have no life.:oo1

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2002, 16:04   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Got into the first paragraph and stopped reading. I haven't seen it yet so I don't wanna know how it goes!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 17:31   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs down Don't bother

Unless you like ricer mobiles and lame story lines and acting don't bother mate!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 17:57   #4 (permalink)

I agree completely, an utter waste of time & money, just wish you'd put this post up before the weekend, when I hired it on DVD.
Best thing about this movie is the occasional glimpse of a F150.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 18:26   #5 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior

Tongue

HAHAHAHAHAHA at that movie. **rolls around the floor clutching stomach while hyperventilating at the thought of the Fast and the Furious** LMFAO!!!

Are they trying to copy such legendary movies as

Running on Empty (OOOH THE GAZZARD BOYS!)
Mad Max (sssssssux nitrous)

and the original and remake of

Gone in 60 Seconds (the BEST car chase ever!).

Cause if they are G O O D L * L U C K!
XWJG34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 18:55   #6 (permalink)

I too made the mistake of DVD over the weekend. And to think they are actually serious when the director says in the extras pieces that they want to be remembered and revered like American Graffiti in years to some.

Yeah right!!!!!

Whatever they were sniffing when they made it, it weren't NO2. I think I've had soemthing similar on the bottom of my shoe.
AJ's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 19:05   #7 (permalink)

bah! a 2 hour NOS commercial...
Old 03-04-2002, 19:21   #8 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I actually enjoyed the movie.!!

The cars didnt really interest me, and I didnt pay attention to the story line at all.... I just thought it was a great excuse to drool over vin deisel!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 19:45   #9 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
bah! a 2 hour NOS commercial...
I ahve to agree on this one, I wonder if its time to start a Nos Supplier workshop here???
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 20:22   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

We have one minge.. it's incorporated under Scooby Injuneering.. Sub Company of BSR Corp
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub