The Fast & The Furious - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2002, 20:16   #1 (permalink)

The Fast & The Furious

The Fast and The Furious is officially released on DVD tomorrow. I got my copy today because I pre-ordered it, and the chick from JB called me this morning to let me know they got it in.

When I saw it the day it came out at the movies I declared that it was the best movie I have ever seen. I watched it this afternoon before work and it is even better than I remember it to be. Oh yes, the cars, the girls, the stunts... Even the lines. "Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?" "More than you can afford pal, Ferrari" "smoke him"

I'm gonna get flamed for this but, oh what the hell... I want rice!!! I want a S15 200SX, with bodykit, a huge-ass rear wing, 18 racing wheels and the engine modified to produce around 500HP. Of course, I will also have 2 NOS tanks in the boot :) Gotta find a full time job to support this addiction to rice Or better yet, has anyone got a cure?

I'm going to the Motor Show on Friday, I will concentrate on looking at XR8s and TS50s rather than 200SXs and S2000s. That might help.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2002, 20:20   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

This will help you, son:

pub21.ezboard.com/filsaut...=213.topic

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 20:22   #3 (permalink)
AcidBurns

LOL, Don't get me wrong Kenaz, I loooove rice, but the Fast and the furious?! I got that on DVD a while ago... I enjoy watching it, but it's also great for a laugh! I was actually talking to a mate at work about it tonight, apparently, to get all the extra cars for at Desert Wars, and the street drags, they simply put an add in some papers 'Have a nice car? be here....'... oh, and also, saw this very recently, the Supra with the JZ20 engine... Is for sale :) FOR ALOT!!
Old 02-26-2002, 20:41   #4 (permalink)

Haha... I was forgetting about that part of the rice scene. Thanks ILS, you've scared me straight I promise never to build a ricer like that KB, I will wait until I have plenty of dosh before attempting a rice-mobile.

And Acid, if I had alot of money I would buy the Supra in a second. Damn, that car is worth spanking over.

Ash
Old 02-27-2002, 01:19   #5 (permalink)
rmyers1

One thing that I found hard to believe about the fast and the furious. How the hell did that supra keep up with the charger in the last scene, that supra was a 10 second car, while the charger ran a flat 9 second pass. 1 second is ALOT when your going at those speeds, by all logic the charger should have demolished the supra by a few car lengths. Damn movies!!!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:39   #6 (permalink)
AcidBurns

a 10 second car does the quarter mile in 10 seconds or less... For example where Dom is explaining how he beat the dude up in the garage with the Charger.. he says 'For that 10 seconds or less, Im Free'...
Old 02-27-2002, 06:09   #7 (permalink)
rmyers1

I still think the charger should have killed it! C,mon the entire front end lifts up like that while the Supra putts along the ground beside it, front spoilers are not that effective.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:58   #8 (permalink)

Doesn't the charger start to pull away when Brian activates the NOS on the Supra?

Another thing I can't understand is how it takes so long for the first race scene. How far are they running because it goes on forever.

Ash
Old 02-27-2002, 08:14   #9 (permalink)
Brent79

LOL, thats exactly what i thought Ash! Also dude... a full time job.. HA! You'd need to be a doctor to finance an addiction too cars. The more you get, the more you spend and usually on worthless crap too :)

Brent
Old 02-27-2002, 08:25   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, true... :)

Ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub