Fastest Production Sedan In The World.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Will GTHO be the fastest production sedan in the world?
Yes, most definately! 22 28.57%
No way. Keep Dreaming. 36 46.75%
Either way, I don't care. 26 33.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Fastest Production Sedan In The World..

I have been very curious about the world's current fastest super-sedan, in order to see what the future GTHO will be battling against (in terms of performance) and after much research...

2002 Bentley Arnage T is the world's fastest sedan. Powered by a massive 6.8-litre V8 producing 335KW and 874Nm of torque, hauling this 2.5 tonne vehicle to 0-97km/h in 5.5 seconds, with a top speed of 270km/h. Through twin Garrett T3 turbochargers that replace the single T4 unit from the previous model and an engine management system.

Now, if FPV play their cards right, and they release a Supercharged 5.4 (just speculation) similiar donk to that of the SVT Cobra R (SVT Cobra is not supercharged though).... Then we are looking at an engine capable of 273km/h (without the supercharger), making the GTHO once again the fastest sedan in the world. (Of course their are factors to consider, mainly weight, but at 270+km per hour.. it's safe to take it out of the equation)

The New BMW M5 in 2004 is apparently keeping the V10 supercar to a tame 250km/h top-speed, electronical limited of course. So the GTHO is safe there. (Fastest car = top speed)

So what do you think? GTHO to become the fastest sedan yet again? (reasons for your answer??)
I'm quite surprised that its actually achieveable. Although i will not be disappointed if the GTHO is not the fastest. So do not get yours hopes up - we have seen what happens when people get their hopes up, i.e FPV GT.

ChuBBz

*Edited 3/11*

Old 11-01-2002, 21:36   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Ummm well i just hope it is an all round vehicle not just speed, it needs handling as well as safety. It would be good for ford o regain that fastest sedan in the world again. Now the Cobra R was N/A ??? The GT(40) had the supercharged modular 5.4 V8. Also isn't the fastest 4 door sedan (guiness record) the Mercedes Brabus EV12, top speed 370kmh (electronically limited cause the tyred are unable to go any quicker with the weight of the car). It had a 7.0litre v12??? not sure of the displacement so correct me if i am wrong.....anyway who cares about that what ever ford do i am sure it will suprise us!!
Long live Blue Oval
Old 11-01-2002, 21:59   #3 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Hemm good question, although the Kleemann E55 Kompressor is even quicker than the brabus...
but when i emailed the owner of the "fastest sedans in the world" website, he told me about those two vehicles (Kleemann and Brabus) but concluded that production wise (off-the-line in a sense) the Arnage is the fastest production sedan...
had me also scratching my head for a while. lol

ChuBBz
Old 11-01-2002, 22:06   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

hehe thats cool!! i wasn't sure myself, see they don't count the brabus as a production car. So yeah i guess then the bentley will be the fastest!!
Old 11-01-2002, 22:40   #5 (permalink)

I would say the BMW M5 is quicker than that Bentley, but the BMW is limited to 250kmh, although I have heard it will do up to 280kmh without the limiter?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Being able to say you have the 'fastest sedan in the world' would be a GREAT asset to have when you are advertising.
But seriously it doesn't have to be the fastest, as long as it is a refined, perfected and has 'suitable' (lots of) power to play with that's all we really need, don't we?
GTHO is just the perfected BA performance car, they shouldn't be aiming to produce the world's fastest car....well not yet anyway.
Maybe we could do that in Series 2.
hehe
Old 11-01-2002, 23:01   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Overlooking the top speed part of the debate for a moment, it's true that 0-100 times aren't always compatible due to different testing conditions. However, the HSV GTS300 has a claimed 0-100 of 5.1 seconds, which apparently has been achieved under real-world circumstances. I doubt this is the world's quickest, but it's certainly up there, and quicker than the Bentley.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 23:57   #8 (permalink)
Owner Of Tommy Turbo

Heres an intersting site.
http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/
saleen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 00:37   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by YuGoStaR
Being able to say you have the 'fastest sedan in the world' would be a GREAT asset to have when you are advertising....
Yeah, it would be great or Ford to reclaim the throne of fastest production sedan, but the way thing's are with the soft ad rules, Ford wouldn't even be able to brag about it!
It might insight people to go out and see how fast it goes.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:01   #10 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Again, This reinforces My Belief that the GT-HO, Should carry a Twin Turbocharged Version of the 5.4 V8.

It also is a great example that shall help keep quiet what i keep hearing from Holden Fans..."ford resorting to forced induction bla bla bla"

They cant seem to get their heads around the fact that its a I6 vs V8...

Back to topic tho

Imagine it? The same or more power as the Arnarge, & 600+NM In a Vehicle that Weighs Half as Much. The performance would be astonishing. :)
shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub