Female Salesperson - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 17:31   #1 (permalink)

Female Salesperson

I would just like to get a few opinions on what people think about female sales reps. I have been doing finance for 6 months now so I know a little bit about the cars but get the feeling people what me to know everything, especially the male population.

So guys when approached by a female sales rep do you what her to know the ins and outs of the car or are you happy with a general knowledge?

And girls do you feel more comfortable with a female rep or you don't care?
Ms Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2002, 18:32   #2 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Not really....as long as she treats me right and knows her product I have no problems with female salespeople. Why should they be any different??
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 20:31   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by marine1
Not really....as long as she treats me right and knows her product I have no problems with female salespeople. Why should they be any different??
By "knowing her product" do you mean all the spec's or the options avaliable?

I've only been doing this for 2 weeks so I'd really like to know because I don't want to turn out to be part of the 'hated' salesperson category
Old 10-05-2002, 21:07   #4 (permalink)
Layabout

It's like selling anything, some people will have done their research and know exactly what it is they're looking for. Some people will come in and not know anything, and the rep is expected to answer all the questions.
I think that all reps should read up on the models, and know all the selling points to satisfy the customer. If a customer points at someting and asks what it is, I wouldn't want the answer to be "dunno". I would rather "thats the new inline 6 183kW motor with...". People want to think they're getting a good deal, and the more you can answer the better.
EADan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:16   #5 (permalink)
P-Plater and lovin it ;)

know your facts ppl 182kw's naturally aspirited I6 engine

*Monaro is Back - Point and Laugh*
Tbearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 21:21   #6 (permalink)

One thing that I have already learnt is that the 182kw BASE MODEL XT is 3kw's less than the old AU XR8. ( the other-half is very proud!)

And would you feel uncomfortable with a female salesperson that knew more if not as much as you did?
Old 10-05-2002, 21:27   #7 (permalink)

Male or female rep makes no difference.I think a rep should have a basic knoweledge of what it is they are selling.This dosn,t mean reeling off heaps of techical info,[thats what the brochures are for], but have an understanding of the products & options you are selling. It's got to be easier to sell something to someone when you can explain why they would be better off with a particular model,option,etc. Also no b/s. If you dont know the answer, tell them then go and find it.
Old 10-05-2002, 21:35   #8 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Nope I wouldnt have any dramas at all with a Lady Salesperson.
If you were able to "Enlighten" me with any specs, details, all the better I say.
theres nothing worse than a male Salesman who thinks he knows you & what you want just cause he happens to have a set of errrrrr proverbials between his legs.. Lotsa Grunt mate blah blah blah.......

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 23:03   #9 (permalink)

The thing that pisses me off most with salespersons is when they make up bullshit to try and cover up their lack of knowledge in the product. No person is going to be able to know everything about every car in the dealership, so you will always get an question you dont know the answer to. So be honest with them when that happens.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 23:04   #10 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms Ratt
One thing that I have already learnt is that the 182kw BASE MODEL XT is 3kw's less than the old AU XR8. ( the other-half is very proud!)
Yes I am proud :).

If a female salesrep was to do her job as it is meant to then I think it would be more impressive if it were a female.
Proper features and benefits presentation on the car and a test drive, remembering the customers name etc etc are all things a good salesperson should do whether they are male or female.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub