Fine/Demerit Points for Driving wrong way in a CARPARK!? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 07:56   #1 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

Fine/Demerit Points for Driving wrong way in a CARPARK!?

Hey Guys, Id like your opinions,

I was driving down a busy street in Melbourne tonight and wanted to turn around to go home. Not being all too experienced with city driving, I went into a safeway carpark to turn the car around instead of doing a U turn in the busy street (which probably would have been unsafe anyways).

So, Ive turned into this carpark and driven about 50m down to the next driveway out of the park. Out of nowhere comes this motorbike copper who blocks me off, asks for my liscence and slaps me a $105 Fine and 2 demerit points..... 'Why?' I ask politely? Oh Because I failed to obey (see!) the shitty faded one way arrows on the carpark ashphalt (no eye level signage). I didnt know the area, was flustered by the traffic, and wanted to turn around in an almost empty carpark.
I was also EXTREMELY polite to the jodphur jumpsiut wearing faggot (and I hope you're reading this arsehole), and my excuse was genuine; I did not see any one way signage in the carpark at all, or the faded arrows.

In a intmidating traffic situation, I was flustered and the LAST thing I expected taking refuge in an empty carpark was for it to be one way!!!! I just wanted to get out of there! and this rude arrogant crotch rocket wanker Fines me, treats me like a f#ckwit, and takes away two demerit points!!! Mate I hate you and I hope youre despised by your colleagues as much as you're despised by the honest unfortunate people like me you get such a kick out of preying on.

Guys, I didnt know they could do this type of thing in a carpark..... if i was going wrong way on a public road then fine, I'm a dickhead who deserves to be fined. But in an almost empty Safeway carpark on Good Friday (where Safeway is closed anyway)? I dont think its fair given the siutation I was in

I'm really dissapointed, sad, and frustrated. I'm not an unsafe driver and I feel violated, I dont care about the money, i can afford that money 5 times over. But its the 2 demerit points for this that really piss me off. And theres nothing I can do......

Tell us what you all think.
cheers
-Daniel

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 08:36   #2 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Re: Fine/Demerit Points for Driving wrong way in a CARPARK!?

Fight it. Go back and take photos of the faded arrows and the non-existent signage. But yeh, definitely fight it. The fact that this happened on a Good Friday in a carpark where the shop was actually closed may go towards getting you off.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:44   #3 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Yeah I'd fight it. Just to get the message across to the bastard.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:55   #4 (permalink)

get pics of the faded arrows then advise them you'll be fighting it or you'll find them painted in shiny new bright white paint.
Didn't know it was illegal. When the shops are closed i cut across the car parks instead of going over all the speed humps..
Old 04-09-2004, 09:15   #5 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

make sure they are 'proper' photos - dont take digital ones, AFAIK they are inadmissable as evidence due to the ease of tampering with them.

but yeah - i reckon you should have a go, at the very least it will clog up the court system just that little bit more, so people like me have to wait longer until we go to court for a speeding violation :s6: if everyone fights every ticket it then becomes a problem for the govt, not us :s6:

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 13:45   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

It's a revenue scam...get the photos and take it to court. Make them earn every cent. Considering they cant take the points or money until it goes to court it buys you some time too!

Oh, go back today and waste a roll of film capturing every part of the carpark too. Dont wait too long, there will be shiny white arrows there soon enough. Take the pics from slightly lower than eye level too, remember you are lower in a car and its harder to see line markings when you are low.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

afaik supermarket carparks are not public property, they are private property owned buy the supermarket. the law states that on private property road rules do not apply. you dont even have to wear a seat belt in the car park either. i know that they cant touch you because a friend got ran into in a carpark (like safeway) and the other guy just drove off. he rang the cops and even went to see them, with all the details of the other car (rego,make,colour) and they said that its a private car park and unless you have witnesses theres nothing they can do.
take it to court, youll win.
Old 04-09-2004, 18:54   #8 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

But I heard that even if its a priave-owned carpark like that, if the public have access to drive their vehicles on there then road rules apply. I remember someone posting on these forums i think that they did a burnout in a servo which his dad owned or something, and cops fined him for dangerous driving or something like that.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 18:56   #9 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

but yeh, I think that you should go fight it XR6child.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 20:17   #10 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

**** that, i would fight that all the way, that copper sounds like an arrogant twat !

honestly that has to be one of the most stupid things i have heard of in a long time

get as many photos as you can and take it all the way to court

Chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub