First lawsuit filed over Sandy Hook massacre - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Moderators

First lawsuit filed over Sandy Hook massacre

Didn't waste much time did they .Sad world today . Of course " Pinsky says it's not about the money. "

'It's not about the money': First lawsuit filed over Sandy Hook massacre as family of traumatized child survivor seeks $100 million | Mail Online
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 17:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: First lawsuit filed over Sandy Hook massacre

Yah. Good luck on that one.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:06   #3 (permalink)

who are they sueing
goldie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16   #4 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Sueing the state and school system for failure to protect. I always like when they add "It's not about the money."

Right.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31   #5 (permalink)

Time the usa had gun laws like ours in australia. sorry to say its the people with guns that cause this not the guns. It is also not schools fault either.

Ian
goldie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

This is from Piers Morgan in one of the papers today mentioning Australian gun laws ,

The ‘more guns, less crime’ argument is utter nonsense. Britain, after Dunblane, introduced some of the toughest gun laws in Europe, and we average just 35 gun murders a year.

Japan, which has the toughest gun control in the world, had just TWO in 2006 and averages fewer than 20 a year. In Australia, they’ve not had a mass shooting since stringent new laws were brought in after 35 people were murdered in the country’s worst-ever mass shooting in Tasmania in 1996. Fewer guns equals less gun murder. This is not a ‘pinko liberal’ hypothesis. It’s a simple fact.
Old 12-30-2012, 14:42   #7 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

"Knifepoint robberies rise by 10%, crime figures show" BBC News - Knifepoint robberies rise by 10%, crime figures show

"Knife vs. firearm homicide in UK & US" http://www.mail-archive.com/firearmsregprof@lists.ucla.edu/msg00867.html

"Murder rate increasing amid epidemic of knife and gun crime" Murder rate increasing amid epidemic of knife and gun crime - Telegraph

Timothy McVeigh never fired a shot to kill 168 people in Oklahoma. It's the person, not the tool.
Old 12-30-2012, 15:02   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

We could go on all night with figures for and against .In Scotland we had a spate of knife crimes , murders , stabbings , slashings and done something about it by giving the police stop and search powers . It worked and brought down the figures .We have different laws compared to England .

" The justice secretary said violent crime was at a 30-year low, there were 44% fewer weapons on the streets since 2006-07 and recorded crimes and offences committed by young people were down by 32% since 2008-09. "

There will always be some people who just need locking up”
End Quote
Det Ch Supt John Carnochan

Strathclyde Police violence reduction unit

Labour justice spokesman Lewis Macdonald said increasing the punishment for knife crime built on the work of the previous Scottish government, adding: "There also needs to be reform of sentencing policy so that a prison sentence means what it says, and victims and communities can have some certainty about how long a prison sentence will last."
Old 12-30-2012, 15:09   #9 (permalink)
Moderators

Just noticed the Telegraph link was 11 Jul 2008 .Dont know if recent figures in England and Wales have got worse or better since .
Old 12-30-2012, 15:26   #10 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

I looked for more recent, kinda hush about it. I'm going with the assumption that if it were successful, they'd be bragging about it. Since the mid-seventies, the ACLU has been slowly chipping away at the available mental institutions, making it more and more difficult to prosecute a criminal, and making it more dangerous to be an honest, hard working individual. They stood and screamed at the fact that known pedophiles were placed on a list so that you know where they live, but were silent when a newspaper posted the names and addresses of LEGAL gun owners in Rockland and Westchester Counties in NY.

It is not just the gun rights that worry me. In NYC, they made it illegal to smoke in a privately owned bar or restaurant. I can see if the Health Department said that to allow smoking, that the ventilation had to be set up to accommodate it. But, no, they played nanny-state and outlawed it, many states (not cities but whole states) followed suit. NYC banned trans fats, since then, many states and local municipalities have been playing with it trying to figure out how they can work that without having the public lynching them. The point is that the government cures by taking away the rights of all rather than addressing the individual committing the crime.

Hate to sound so brutal, but public floggings and hangings are beginning to sound better every day.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub