First new Falcons leave factory - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 00:40   #1 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

First new Falcons leave factory

First new Falcons leave factory
September 23, 2002

THE first deliveries of Ford's Falcon BA were shipped out early this morning, Ford Australia president Geoff Polites said today.

Mr Polites said forward sales of the vehicle were good, with production from September, October and November already sold.

He expected sales of December and January stock before it left the assembly line.

Mr Polites said Ford was producing 312 cars a day, and expected to ramp up production to more than 400 at the end of October.

He told a business lunch in Melbourne Ford Australia aimed to increase its sales through expanding its domestic market share and was not looking to improve exports, as were its rivals.

The just-in-time production strategy had evolved so that parts were delivered as little as 20 minutes before being used, he said.

The company was aiming to take this one step further and encourage suppliers to move onto Ford Australia real estate.

"Ideally, we could have them set up next to the production line," Mr Polites said.

"This is not `just in time', this is as smart as it gets anywhere in the world."

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...5E1702,00.html

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2002, 00:57   #2 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

Now Im confused. If the First BAs only rolled thru the factory gates today, what has everyone been seeing, including the stand in the Geelong shopping centre, and the "car under-wraps" at every Ford dealer in sydney this last fortnight?
"Lightning Strike" XT-Sports, Barra182 auto, 17" 7-spoke alloys, Sports IRS, body kit, Spoiler, Cruise, Premium Audio with mp3, Power Windows all round, Darkest tinted glass, Chrome scuff plate inserts, Phone presenter, Pollen filter, Towpack, Boot liner, 4 Mudspats, Slimline white numberplates.
CLICK HERE!
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 01:03   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

they were test cars not for sale to the public, these new ones are the ones you can buy.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 01:47   #4 (permalink)

I'm confused since I saw 2 transporters full of BA's heading south on Citylink yesterday. Maybe it was just a practice run!!!
cardinalred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 03:37   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by cardinalred
I'm confused since I saw 2 transporters full of BA's heading south on Citylink yesterday. Maybe it was just a practice run!!!
Nah. What you saw was the recovery truck picking up the broken down BAs on it's way back to the shop :)
mavss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 05:32   #6 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

hehehehe good call but i wouldnt be suprised if we are gonna be seein a bunch of comodores heading back due to recalls as well! or are they magnas? Oh well i dunno, i cant tell the difference anymore! *forhead slap*
Old 09-23-2002, 16:19   #7 (permalink)

Posted by FordLover
"Mr Polites said forward sales of the vehicle were good, with production from September, October and November already sold.

He expected sales of December and January stock before it left the assembly line."

This is a huge statement for me. Does this mean that if I haven't already ordered my car that I will have to wait for January to get one. Man that sux.
cvanxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 17:20   #8 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Hmmm.... Maybe he meens sold to dealerships?
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub