Floorpans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2001, 21:25   #1 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Floorpans

Is the floorpan on the 1999 - 2000 AU the same as Ford models from 1982 and up..(FC - FD LTD, EA - EL Etc)
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-13-2001, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power
 
Jase_ELXR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,764
Doc,

Can anyone else confirm this???
As far as i'm aware a new floorpan was designed for the AU series. Ford worked in conjunction with Jaguar to design it. Apprantly they both use the design. So there is a Jaguar getting around with an AU floorpan.

Jase.
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yep new floorpan not similar to XD - EL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:14   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator
 
XR_Strider_GuY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 3Fb Skunk Works(JXR01 Dev)
Age: 34
Posts: 6,542
Quote:
Originally posted by gtho4
Yep new floorpan not similar to XD - EL.
Geez the EL has the same floor pan as an XD ahhhhhhhh. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You sure????

Must say i looked at an XF ute from underneath and it looks identical to my EF Wagon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
__________________
Motor May 2001 Quote: "Believe it or not, there are actually a bunch of weirdos out there who reckon a six cylinder is the dux gutz. Bugger it: I'm one of them" :s5

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:16   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
the only reason I ask is, I have the opportunity to pickup a deceased estate 1981-1982 FD LTD, 351 with C6, reasonable exterior, paint work starting to flake etc. Interior is black leather and farkin immaculate to say the least. $600 buckaroos. If the pans were the same or similar, I was going to swap seats and then sell the LTD with an AU interior.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:17   #6 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power
 
Jase_ELXR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,764
The 'X' series floorpan was different to the 'E' series.
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:22   #7 (permalink)
GTHO4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY


Geez the EL has the same floor pan as an XD ahhhhhhhh. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You sure????

Must say i looked at an XF ute from underneath and it looks identical to my EF Wagon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No I didn't mean it that way.
I was just saying the AU floorpan is not similar to the previous models from XD - EL
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 22:44   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rocklyn
Posts: 7,750
I thought the Au had a new floor pan but I am not sure:(
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 20:55   #9 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)
 
Discovery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Geelong VIC
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
the only reason I ask is, I have the opportunity to pickup a deceased estate 1981-1982 FD LTD, 351 with C6, reasonable exterior, paint work starting to flake etc. Interior is black leather and farkin immaculate to say the least. $600 buckaroos. If the pans were the same or similar, I was going to swap seats and then sell the LTD with an AU interior.
The informed reply... The track mounting points are probably different, although you may be able to mount the AU seats onto the original runners. The floorpan was changed for the AU because IRS was introduced.

Just one other question regarding putting the AU seats into an FD LTD.... why?

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 21:04   #10 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Discovery


The informed reply... The track mounting points are probably different, although you may be able to mount the AU seats onto the original runners. The floorpan was changed for the AU because IRS was introduced.

Just one other question regarding putting the AU seats into an FD LTD.... why?

Because my little desert flower, aka: penelope pitstop. The LTD has some rather nice, spick and span black leather seats which will look nice in the XR8. The AU seats I will put in the LTD and then sell. Some spending money for Oct when I shall introduce you to the top shelf...
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.