Ford Advertising - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2003, 02:48   #1 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Ford Advertising

Where I live all there ever is are Holden ads on TV. I have not once seen Ford advertise car of the year or come up with any new ads since the BA originally was released. I have not seen anything for at least two months. Holden's Commodore is a much inferior car but there marketing is excellent, that is one reason why they are still leading in sales. They could make crap look like the best product on this planet. Has anybody else noticed this and what is Fords excuse for this ?
gsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2003, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Re: Ford Advertising

Holden is indeed much better in the marketing deptartment but with the current state of car orders, if joe carbuyer sees a BA ad on tv and goes down to his local Ford dealer, he is told that he/she will have to wait 3-4 months, possibly more for their car with a few options.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:03   #3 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

yeah, im suprised FPV hasnt been sprawled across my TV lately, especially with fords success in the V8's.
I thought the GT would be a huge marketing point for ford & the entire BA range, but i havent seen anything about it except for the local ford dealers piss poor effort.

hopefully they will kick the marketing program into gear soon.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:08   #4 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Very true AUForte but many people are still under the impression that Holden's product is the better, Ford should be doing some thing about this. Also Holden aim there advertising at the younger market and make there product look exciting. Even if a younger person could not afford a new car now they will buy one of the older products and in the future buy the newer product. It's all about future sales as well as the present.

Big_pete has a very good point, they should be flogging of there wins in the v8 supercars just like Holden do. Also they should be advertising there FPV cars because even if people can't afford them they will buy a cheaper model and subconsiously think it is the better model.

Last edited by gsw; 06-27-2003 at 03:12.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:18   #5 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Very true, for example, go to any high school and ask the kids there who makes the "best" cars, 80% or so, Holden, 19% Rice (And if Ford vs. Holden would go holden) and 1% Ford.

And then ask who has a license and has actually driven any of the cars.

Marketing, marketing, marketing! Holden are so good at it they could sell ice to eskimos.

Why do the kids think Holden is the greatest? They see the ads on TV, in the paper, Billboards, merch, the list goes on and on.

It gets them young and they go out and buy a VK or VL for a first car and then the next one is a newer holden and in time they turn into the Holden new car buyers.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:05   #6 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

^^exactly!AU forte
i just finished school & i was the only Ford fan in my year bar my mate but he liked mopars more than fords.

one mate, who has no idea about cars asked me "why would you like Fords?" so i just said why do you like holdens & he said "i dunno, cause their mad"
i think this is a direct result from the advertising & holdens dominance on the track,
so why doesnt Ford exploit there recent winnings?
Old 06-27-2003, 04:14   #7 (permalink)
gsw
XA GS FAIRMONT 302

Most people at my work pay the s$%t out of me because I like Fords, they come up with childish comments and when I ask them have they test driven both models they suddenly go quiet. It was funny because before vy and ba came out I had a picture at work of the BA and VY from the back of each model and covered up the Badges. These same people could not stop commenting on how good the BA looked thinking it was a Holden. When they found out suddenly it was crap and their reason for that is "because it's a Ford". How pathetic. Isn't it also funny how people like Holden because everybody else does, their like bloody lemmings. I like Ford not because other people hate or like them but it appeals to me more then Holdens product and its been like that well before the AU came out.

Last edited by gsw; 06-27-2003 at 04:17.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:03   #8 (permalink)

Holden really are the McDonalds of the automotive industry, worst product and best marketing!!

A couple of years ago when it was AU v VT a mate told me of a marketing excercise where an AU XR8 (Blue) and a VT SS (Black) were parked at a secondary school. The kids were assembled and some bloke asked the kids which one they liked the best. The Ford? Hardly any reaction. The Holden? Most of the kids went nuts.

Ford had a heap of work to do to increase it's appeal to it's future market and it looks like nothing has changed!!

WAKE UP FORD!!
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
Mountain man'

SHOOSH im trying get somethin here
Old 06-27-2003, 06:09   #10 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw
Most people at my work pay the s$%t out of me because I like Fords, they come up with childish comments and when I ask them have they test driven both models they suddenly go quiet. It was funny because before vy and ba came out I had a picture at work of the BA and VY from the back of each model and covered up the Badges. These same people could not stop commenting on how good the BA looked thinking it was a Holden. When they found out suddenly it was crap and their reason for that is "because it's a Ford". How pathetic. Isn't it also funny how people like Holden because everybody else does, their like bloody lemmings. I like Ford not because other people hate or like them but it appeals to me more then Holdens product and its been like that well before the AU came out.
Remind me never to work where you do mate hehe just kidding.

Its true though about how many people like holdens just because their friends do. At school, even the people who arent into cars, when asked, always say holden, when asked "why?" they reply by saying..."they win in the V8 Supercars". Its quite funny to see the looks on their faces when I go on about how the V8 cars are nothing like the road cars we see on our streets, and they also get really offended when I tell them that the holden V8's have a decent number of ford products in them. Usually i just get the "fords r crap man" thing from them, but i just laugh and call them a loser so its all good :s1:

Thanks

Dane.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub