Ford Australia Apprentice Awards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2003, 16:35   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Ford Australia Apprentice Awards

Ford Oz runs awards for apprentices which undoubtedly give such people incentive to learn their craft and hopefully instill a good work ethic and quality tradesmanship. Typically an awards event is held annually and the best get to attend Ford facilities in the USA, race teams, and many will be working with Ford pit crews at Bathurst.

Typically corporate sponsorships help these awards and pay costs. Some of the best people I deal with at my dealership and Ford itself have been recipients of such awards.

Given my blue blood and my belief in these sort of things I am aiming to contribute a sum towards such an award, starting at around $500. Hopefully it will give incentive to an extra technician to do a good job and win over more customers at whatever dealership they work at.

Is anyone else interested in helping out?

Also, I specifically ask John and the FF.com crew whether I/we are allowed to maybe use the FF.com name as the sponsoring body (every bit of publicity will help right?). Having FF.com seen as being part of the Ford community would be great.

Pete.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2003, 00:47   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: Ford Australia Apprentice Awards

Are you looking for donations from members to add up to $500, or is that what you wish to contribute?
Old 10-03-2003, 06:20   #3 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Yep, count me in. Just shoot me through some details for a donation amount.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 17:09   #4 (permalink)

I'm pitching in $500 myself. Whatever others are interested in putting in is up to them. I'd be happy to just stick with the $500 and have it called thew Fordforums.com award to help credit our site. Is John listening here? I need the okay for using the name.

Otherwise it will be the AP Award!!!! he he he LOL (I can see it now, apprentices throwing the trophy out in the garbage!!!!!)

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 10-08-2003, 18:20   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Pete, I do not have an issue with that. It is of course your money that you are sending. I will however upgrade your account and slot that towards your DM status.

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for doing this. I just have to ask if there are anymore details you can PM me. BTW I put your info in that tech article as requested...not sure if i advised you of that. Was done after your request.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 16:25   #6 (permalink)

John,

It's not 'towards my status' - It's something that should benefit our relationship with Ford (I sincerely hope). I'll donate to the site separately!

Old 10-09-2003, 23:36   #7 (permalink)
X-DM!!

In 1971, Ford's apprentice of the year was given Bill Bourkes XW gt with a 428 "Cobra Jet" engine. That was a good incentive I would had thought.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 22:39   #8 (permalink)

Rod C:
Umm, that's out of my range!!!!!

Old 10-13-2003, 02:37   #9 (permalink)
X-DM!!

What you're talking about is more than generous AP but I don't know if donating that sort of money to an apprentice would pull the sort of support we need from Ford. From what I can gather off the forums recently, Ford were regular users of the forums back in the AU days (well before my time on the Forums) I think and this is only my opinion, while ever Ford is selling so many BA's and everything is going relatively smoothly for them you won't hear from them on FF unless you post a thread that is very close to the truth about a problem they are having and then they will have it deleted. So obviously they are looking at the forums for their own benefit not anybody elses. The majority of the FF members use the Forums to share their info and thoughts not just a tool for their own business. I love my Fords but don't particularly like Ford. Good luck with your crusade AP.
Cheers,
Rod.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 17:27   #10 (permalink)

Rod, if it makes one apprentice better and they work on your car then it's gotta be a step in the right direction. The guys who work on my car at City Ford Sydney are examples of what every customer deserves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub