Ford car club forming on the NSW mid north coast - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 05:02   #1 (permalink)
XB GT'S ROCK !

Ford car club forming on the NSW mid north coast

I posted a message about 5 months ago with the same subject of forming a Ford car club on the mid noth coast of NSW. Well after all this time the first run has been organised for this sunday (25th). We are meeting at Timbertown carpark ( Wauchope ) and cruising to Gingers Creek, anybody that is interested in comming along in the Port Macquarie area is quite welcome to join, no club has been formed yet, but there are 4 major sponsors ready to thorw in when we form an official club ( Andrew Meidecke Ford, Engine World, Rick Flannigan Auto Pro, and Hastings Brake and Exaust.) as we are after regular numbers enough to form a club, and all this will be dicused at the meeting point over lunch.At the moment we are after owners of ANY Ford that are keen to form a club, there is some fine cars that are comming along already....a genuine XY GT with still the origianal paint, a XB coupe that was 1 of 6 built for Allan Moffat's 75 BAthurst series. So if you are interested please message me or contact me on 0265853493 H. So i can give you the details on departure time and what to bring. Thxs for the time guys and gals !
1975 XB GT REPLICA.....351 CLEAVELAND, MAGNUM 280 DEGREE COMP CAM,302 CLOSED CHAMBERED 2V HEADS, 4V STAINLES VALVES, WIEND ACCELORATOR SINGLE PLAIN INLET MANIFOLD,750 SQUARE BORE HOLLEY CARB. TOP LOADER GEARBOX BACKED UP BY A 9 INCH AT THE REAR ! YET TO BE TIMED.....HOPEING FOR A LOW 13 SEC
Thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 08:39   #2 (permalink)
Got my 3.45 LSD!

Re: Ford car club forming on the NSW mid north coast

im also thinking of forming a ford club around the area where i live, i have about 10 ford owners wanting to join, but its still just an idea. how did you get the sponsors? did they approach u or did u approach them about the idea?
i hope u have a big turn out on the cruise day and good luck.

Built with spanners, not chopsticks.
AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 00:58   #3 (permalink)
XB GT'S ROCK !

Hello........I am a little lucky in a way as i am a well known motor mechanic, and know alot of buisness owners who i deal with, so haveing sponsors as personal freinds helps in a big way. This WILL TAKE ALOT OF YOUR TIME... but all you need to start is a group of people go out on a cruise once a month to a place...and iff you get good numbers showing up each time...then you think about registering a club, there is alot of things that has to be done, but if you get numbers turning up each run, word of mouth gets around, and if you register your club as a "non profit organisation" you will get free air time on the radio and free advertising in the paper, so that will be a gr8 start. i am sure there would be someone where you live that runs a car club...(even if its the enemy ) go talk to them and ask how they got started, as the info they give you will be very helpfull. But for now..get your numbers and get cruising ( like we are doing now) and go from there.. Good luck.
1975 XB GT REPLICA.....351 CLEAVELAND, MAGNUM 280 DEGREE COMP CAM,302 CLOSED CHAMBERED 2V HEADS, 4V STAINLES VALVES, WIEND ACCELORATOR SINGLE PLAIN INLET MANIFOLD,750 SQUARE BORE HOLLEY CARB. TOP LOADER GEARBOX BACKED UP BY A 9 INCH AT THE REAR ! YET TO BE TIMED.....HOPEING FOR A LOW 13 SEC
Thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 21:42   #4 (permalink)
Got my 3.45 LSD!

how do you register the club?

Old 07-10-2006, 03:56   #5 (permalink)
X C Homolagation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU dude
im also thinking of forming a ford club around the area where i live, i have about 10 ford owners wanting to join, but its still just an idea. how did you get the sponsors? did they approach u or did u approach them about the idea?
i hope u have a big turn out on the cruise day and good luck.
Hey AU dude what area are you in ??
JG65TE_COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:37   #6 (permalink)
Got my 3.45 LSD!

south coast/ illawarra area.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:41   #7 (permalink)
Got my 3.45 LSD!

well its really the shoalheaven area, sorry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub