Ford Discovery Centre - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2001, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Ford Discovery Centre

For those that have heard about this and never been, what are you waiting for? Not a bad place at all and I have to thank Discovery for her personal tour! Some interesting displays of which the following proved high on the interest scale:

1. An XB 351 Federal Police Chaser
2. Mustang Fastback (can't remember the year but very neat)
3. Ford Scorpio for the wrong reasons (I won't say how ugly this car was but if I said the AU1 Forte is absolutely beautiful you'd get the idea)
4. Cosworth F1 engine
5. The shop where I scored a couple of bargains like an XR polo for $30 (Felicity should know the marks washed out easily) and 75th Anniversary mugs for $3.

Ford management should by now realise this place is a major positive for the Ford image. All we need now is a cafe and merchandising type setup at Tickford ala Tom's Cafe etc. at HSV.

In summary, thanks Discovery - made a great day.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2001, 21:08   #2 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Thanks Pete.

I am sure the guys will all have a chance to see the Discovery Centre on the October trip, including bits you missed out on. By then our cars displays will have been refreshed also, but don't dispair, the EA GT will remain.

The Discovery Centre is the place with its finger right on the pulse of the buying public. We hear the lot, good, bad, heaps about cars our visitors have owned in the past, but as they leave 90% of our visitors comment on how good the Centre is. These comments don't only come from die hard supporters, they also come from small children, elderly visitors on bus trips and people who are loyal supporters of rival car companies. I couldn't count the number of times I have heard one of our visitors comment that they wish Holden had a place like this.

We make it our business to go out of our way to help these people in any way we can, from offering advice, finding the best place to get help for any problems they might have, answering their historical questions, or whatever the need may be.

Glad to hear the marks came out (not that I could see them anyway) Did you end up heading in the direction of the Twelve Apostles?

FYI the Mustang fastback is a '67.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 21:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Discovery
Glad to hear the marks came out (not that I could see them anyway) Did you end up heading in the direction of the Twelve Apostles?
Once I convinced someone that 12 apostles is a weekend trip we went back to Melb.

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 06-03-2001, 21:47   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Bloody good road to break the new XR in on pete. Did it myself with the ute. My personal choice for best driving road in the country. Gunna do the Snowy Mtns Hwy again before I give the car back. Should be fun in winter. Black ice here we come!!... :wink2: :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 21:53   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
Bloody good road to break the new XR in on pete. Did it myself with the ute. My personal choice for best driving road in the country. Gunna do the Snowy Mtns Hwy again before I give the car back. Should be fun in winter. Black ice here we come!!... :wink2: :thumbup:
I can picture the Great Ocean Road now. Lovely road, chock full of wanker tourists doing 30km/h and where you get a break a revenue munching cockroach. I think the days where you could go for a DRIVE are gone.

Old 06-03-2001, 22:09   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Trust me when I say it's a top strech of black top mate. Very challenging if you want it to be... :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 06-03-2001, 22:14   #7 (permalink)

No No NO. You want the best black top in Australia I am afraid you have to come down here to the west coast. There is a reason Porsche, Lexus and Tickford have launched performance models in this part of the country
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 22:18   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
No No NO. You want the best black top in Australia I am afraid you have to come down here to the west coast. There is a reason Porsche, Lexus and Tickford have launched performance models in this part of the country
He's right, thats why the T series were laqunched in Tassie :thumbup:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 22:32   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
My personal choice for best driving road in the country.
Like I said, my personal choice. I haven't driven the west coast of Tassie yet, but have heard many great things about it. I'm sure I'd rank it right up there once I have driven it. I plan to in the next cuppla years so you never know, I may have a new favourite after the holiday... :wink2:
Old 06-03-2001, 22:37   #10 (permalink)

Before you do, talk to anyone that has done a targa. I know there have been a few teams from Canberra over the years. The biggest mistake people make when coming on a driving holiday is to under estimate the time required to get around this place.

PS no SA comments from Laminge:wink2:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub