Ford drop the ball AGAIN!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 21:46   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Thumbs down Ford drop the ball AGAIN!!!

From today's Drive.com (Full article HERE)

Quote:
HOLDEN DIVVY VAN TO FIT THE BILL

Holden is building a prototype police divisional van, based on its new crew-cab Cross8 all-wheel-drive utility to be launched later this year.

Gary Glover, assistant director, corporate support services, says Holden is developing a pod to fit on to the crew-cab chassis.

He says this vehicle will eventually replace the 143 Falcon-based divisional vans now in service.

"We wanted something that was purpose-built and that's what Holden is working on at the present time," says Glover. "Ford had the opportunity to get into the market but Holden was the one that took up the opportunity and is working on a purpose-built vehicle for us. They are working on a plywood model at the moment and we are hoping to see that soon."

I seem to be having an anti-Ford week this week, but come-on guys!!!!!!!! When are we gonna stop dropping the ball and capitalise on all the good-will the BA has given Ford.

Sedative didn't help......
Crying is for girls......
Where's my shotgun......

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2003, 21:57   #2 (permalink)

For a couple of hundred vehicles it's not worth Ford's time to design and build them. I don't really see how it would be worthwile for GMH either but maybe they offset a loss against something else that makes a good profit or maybe they envisage selling a lot more than acouple of hundred of them. Maybe some aftermarket mob could do something for the Fords?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 22:35   #3 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

GMH are pushing themselves as a global design and niche vehicle house. This'll be one more tick on the resume for future major deals ...
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 22:41   #4 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Over here in Perth, cops are using AU ute's with a custom cop back which of course will also bit BA.s

I would imagine this setup would be cheaper for the police as they usually unload the cars at around 40,000k's and you could transfer the back to a new vehicle.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 22:57   #5 (permalink)
A shit load of Dim Sims

A little history lesson first.....

WA's Police force dosn't have any V8's as they realised the officers were writing them off faster than they were coming into the force so now ALL WA Police sedans are 6 cylinders.
Ironic isn't it, the Police officers are under trained to handle the power of these cars after their 2 weeks of driver training, but the public is safe driving these things on our roads with "hand em out" licences. and after the VN's all Police patrol cars had to be autos.

Anyway, another bright spark in the WA decision making chair believed the sequential sports shift was an un-natural motion (pulling down to change up), not to mention (I think) it's computer controlled, so they could probably be reversed.

A shining light and probably the dumdest thing is, all the divvy vans will be Fords remember, ALL WA patrol cars have to be autos

My respect for our law makers?
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 23:09   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by skip
WA's Police force dosn't have any V8's as they realised the officers were writing them off faster than they were coming into the force so now ALL WA Police sedans are 6 cylinders.
Seems they have been talking with Ford Product Planning & Development then...
Old 05-08-2003, 00:34   #7 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

We havn't had V8 patrol cars in WA for a year or 2 now, I can't say i've heard to much on its impact of car chases and/or cop car crashes. So in fact maybe it is working?

ESS being the wrong way around is personal choice, the bloke in the hot seat is being pedantic.

All Divvy vans to be Ford, I don't have a problem with that.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:13   #8 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

The difference between Ford & Holden when it comes to production model variants:

Ford, learning to walk

Holden, learning to fly.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:03   #9 (permalink)

How hard is it to use an XD platform like that did with the XH etc utes and panels vans? It worked for x amount of years and using ancient technology seems to be a bit of a trend lately at Ford....ie leaf springs on a 2003, 290kw Pursuit.....O M G.
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:42   #10 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Quote:
Originally posted by skip

Anyway, another bright spark in the WA decision making chair believed the sequential sports shift was an un-natural motion (pulling down to change up), not to mention (I think) it's computer controlled, so they could probably be reversed.
This really pisses me off, in katanning where i live. I heard that they wanted BA Sedans, but they wern't allowed them, you know why? "Because they'd (the bacon boys) play around to much with the gears"
How arrogant...
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub