Ford Fiesta Advertising in Oz - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2004, 16:11   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Thumbs down Ford Fiesta Advertising in Oz

I'm usually pretty tolerant with advertising but I've finally had to let loose at the advertising unleashed by Ford, especially the Fiesta. The reason I have to say something is I'm not the only one who has commented on this.

Ford goes to a lot of trouble importing a premium product from Europe (versus the old Festiva) and then proceeds to stab that image in the heart by cheap, nasty, insulting advertising. Why on earth would a 'Chief Aerodynamicist' or whatever dress up in a lab coat and act in that way? Why insult people of german lineage by taking an accent (itself not a problem if used in the ad) and making the people sound like morons?

Sorry Ford, you wonder why your cars don't sell well, it's because this level of advertising is in the gutter and your product is in the showroom. What sort of people are you trying to attract?

I'm going to put it simply - advertise the product in a classy, modern way that appeals to your market. I offer examples of good advertising as the Holden Astra ad with the Rolly dog. Fun, to the point, classy and modern.

While I'm on the subject I'll also say that the Ford dealer ads on TV are also not up to par.

AP.
(Apologies for having to say what I had to say)

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 16:56   #2 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf
Re: Ford Fiesta Advertising in Oz

here here, have to agree with that view

ford suck arse when it comes to advertising, they realy need to get their act together.

if they want more bums on ford seats, they need to take a few stiff bourbons and get busy.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 17:04   #3 (permalink)

Yep have to agree, dull boring and lifeless to say the least

Warra
Warrawump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 17:08   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I am going to go against the grain here and say I quite like the german ads. Everyone at work talks about the "Fiesta ads, the german guys, WHOOOS YOUR DADDY?" Its getting the recognition. At least they are having ads for the Fiesta unlike the Focus and what ads they did have were kinda lame.

Last edited by Night_Lurker; 04-19-2004 at 18:09.
Night_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 17:11   #5 (permalink)
Leafspring Owners Club

Those ads have been annoying me heaps. I drove the Fiesta before I saw the first ad and my first reaction was one of disbelief at just how a car company can produce such a brilliant car for its category and make it look like a joke in its advertising.

Please Ford listen to our crys as we have your best interests at heart and dont want to see you good products sink as a result of poor advertising.
Old 04-19-2004, 17:50   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

sorry AP im not with you on this one.

I think the adds are very funny. They are different and stand out from the crowd. I think its alot better than having some shitty old AC/DC song in the background as some chick/guy drives the car through some traffic :/

I like it so much that I test drove one, and all going well I should have one soon. If I can make up my mind.

"You know you want it"!!!...hehehe

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Why insult people of german lineage by taking an accent (itself not a problem if used in the ad) and making the people sound like morons?
Seriously, I highly doubt a german person takes any offence to the ad at all.

Not having a go at you personaly AP, but its comments like that which are screwing up society, everyone walks on egg shells just because an add has an accent.

Its an ad, its funny, promotes a product, and thats it; nothing to serious.

Old 04-19-2004, 18:07   #8 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

and you know what? If it was some pussy crap ad like the Mazda2 with latte sipping and all going on, there would be a crap load more complaints.

For god's sake this is better than holden's "drive-around-in-circles-on-a-wet-road" campaign for the baby focus (read: Barina). Either way someone would complain, and for once, I think ford advertising has done well.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 18:53   #9 (permalink)
.au member

and have you ever noticed how its the ads people hate that get the most recognition?

Thats probably a tactic Ford is using - make an ad you either love, or love to hate. AP, you dont like it, but youre still able to remember every detail of it arent you? Just like someone who loves it can quote the lines from it - "who's your daddy" etc.

Look at how much debate those 'youd be popular too' ads caused. More debate means more spotlight for the product. And that's exactly what Ford are after.

Personally I dont think theyd do any better with some serious type ad, I think the humour is a good touch. The one that really sh!ts me is the one for the Esacpe.
Old 04-19-2004, 19:02   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
The one that really sh!ts me is the one for the Esacpe.
haha yeah..watch out for those bad boys!!!..lol

thats truely a shocker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub