Ford & Fpv Merchandise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you think Ford and FPV merchandise is readily available
Yes 5 13.16%
No 31 81.58%
Wouldn't purchase Ford or FPV merchandise 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2003, 02:21   #1 (permalink)

Ford & Fpv Merchandise

Just wanting to find out if other people feel the same about the serious lack of Ford and FPV merchandise. I just recently attended round 2 of the procars at symmonds plains in tas and the amount of people wearing holden V's ford clothes etc was about 20 to 1. Ford can't understand why they don't have supporters etc. You can buy holden and HSV stuff everywhere kmart etc and the selection on the Ford and FPV websites is almost non existent and what they do have on there they haven't got available. Ford have contracted out the marketing to a independent company and I can tell you their doing a shitty job, I've been in retail for 9 1/2 years and they couldn't market ice to eskimo's. BAD MOVE FORD, VERY BAD MOVE.
93XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2003, 03:12   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

I voted "Wouldn't purchase Ford or FPV merchandise" because it is grossly overpriced. I remember at the FPV Day they wanted something like $250 for the GT jacket. For an item that I'm sure costs way less than $40 to make (materials and sweatshop labour) they can keep it.

Getting back on topic, yes the Holden/HSV/HRT merchandise is more readily available, and there is a larger variety as well. As far as merchandise goes, it's for the Holden fans. Dunno how much it all costs though.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 03:51   #3 (permalink)
Green's Tuff!

What gets me is that K-mart has all the holden apparel you could want, but try and find a Ford shirt in there......

Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:11   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

mate k-mart sponsor holden, so they have a bit of a catch 22 there. but they still get bits of ford stuff every now and then
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:40   #5 (permalink)
No Boundaries...

I was at the Perth Auto Expo on the weekend, and the Ford shop there was severly lacking! There was not alot there, and what was there was way too expensive, $55 for a simple FPV polo T-shirt! I did walk away with a $10 Ford keyring though

My mate and I were contemplating swiping the BA XR rims they had for decoration on the wall. I can imagine us with one under each arm running for the exit.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:54   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I picked up an FPV shirt from the Melbourne motor show, 45 bucks, I didn't dare ask what the GT jacket was worth, though if reasonably priced I would of got it.

I spose I'm happy with the FPV shirt, FPV cap and my Ford keyring. And not forgeting the FF shirt, which I wear too much.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:58   #7 (permalink)

If Ford, FPV or FPR are true to thier current form, they'll just change their name in a year or so again and we'll all be left with outdated gear anyway.
EL2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:13   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

you know you can buy merchandise thru "spare parts" at most ford dealerships?
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:31   #9 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

DK - just noticed that you're back. Don't tell me you got banned?

Now to this issue. Yes you can buy Ford stuff from Spare parts, but do you think those guys have any idea? I had to wait about 10 minutes to find out the price of a polo shirt. When he told me the price, he says "What size?".
I reply "XL".
"Oh, we only have small or medium".
"When will you get more"
"Dunno. Probably when we sell the current stock".

Hopeless! And I can't even get this stuff at the GMC 400 anymore. Oh well, just have to do (what used to be) the usual Bathurst buys!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:35   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

No I didn't get banned, I was temporarily relieved of my admin duties on the site, but John and I sorted out our issues and now I am back in the position I previously held, no major dramas
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub