Ford Frontline Staff Know FA and Talk Rubbish - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2003, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Ford Frontline Staff Know FA and Talk Rubbish

I'm looking at a new XR8 / GT, and also have been dragging a potential XR6T owner around with me trying to convert him from a late model Maxima.

I've come across several sales people (yes both sexes) who collectively have made the following claims. When asked where they got there information from, they have all said they have attended the Ford NZ briefings for new product.

Salesman 1 - The BA XR8 brake upgrade is a BREMBO package.

I've seen the premium brakes and was sure it was a Ford logo badged PBR calliper with grooved Aust made rotors. Told him so - he said I was not at the briefing and he knew what he was told and had seen Brembos on BA XRs = I was incorrect.

Salesman 2 - The reason for the XR8 Auto delay is due to a delay in a brand new trans out of America. Told him it would be BTR made in Aust but possibly problems with electronic programming or maybe some hardening issues (I wouldn't know, but surely if you make an Aust car you put as much Aust content into it as you possibly can to get tax breaks and employ local people?)

He told me I was wrong - the transmissions were being shipped right at that moment and due to arrive in Melbourne.

Sales Woman - The manual trans in the XR6T is definitely a T3650 made in America, and not a BTR box similar to AUIII XR8 as I suggested. When I asked about the official ad book regarding LSD vs traction control and showed you can't have traction control if you have a LSD, because LSD's NEVER work with traction control FULLSTOP cos she knew all about them.

She said she had been to the Ford NZ launch and knew her product off by heart. I was wrong. The same box in the T3 TS50 and BA XR8 was in the XR6T. I suggested to her she revise her product knowledge. I also pointed out other brands offered LSD AND TC as a package (I think Holden do, and aren't their diffs from same source?)

Now I may be wrong in all 3 cases, but I am confident I'm correct and the 'professional Ford frontline staff' are incorrect. I do something other than sell cars for a living - should I be selling this Ford product instead? (note I've not attended these famous FNZ sessions they all boost about yet, but if I was to, could I be as good as them?)
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2003, 00:40   #2 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Best Ive ever heard was when I was looking at an xr6t in regards to the tacho and the decision by ford not to show the engines redline. The salesman told me between him and me this was because that the engine didn't have a redline. Righto.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 00:59   #3 (permalink)
SM

Without a doubt you need to have confidence in the sales team at any dealership. I seem to have a sickness of visiting as many Ford dealers as I can to talk the talk. There are only a few salesmen that I have met that COMPLETELY understand their product inside out and it shows when I throw in a few little questions to test them. Must admit though I get the same feeling as you when I talk to sales reps in many other industries, those that know their product are the ones that you will always go back to. Case in point, I would gladly travel to Melbourne to purchase a new XR after the positive experience I had at one dealer.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:48   #4 (permalink)

Well, 2 salesmen from the same dealer have told me that the xr6t has more torque (500nm) than the xr8. I even gave him a way to get out of it and said
me- "Don't you mean 450nm"

"No, 500"

me- "Mate you sure, im pretty postive that its 450 from 2 to 4 and a half grand"

"Nooo, 500!"

I just laughed at him and walked off.....

Are these people stupid?
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:02   #5 (permalink)

Hows this for stupid back in the AU days my Ford dealer had just got a Black AU XR8 with bodykit,17in,double wing,5 speed man.
About a week later the bosses son drove it . He got drunk and Crashed it. Hows that for a dealer.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:13   #6 (permalink)

Yeah and apparently the XR6 NA no longer comes with colour coded mirrors, thats my lastest bullshit story.

Some dealers are good, some are crap!
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:38   #7 (permalink)

Hey AUII XR8
may i ask what dealers you visited considering my dad works for stevens ford in lower hutt. Did u get any names either?
Cheers.
FALCON COUNTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 08:17   #8 (permalink)

About the Traction Control and LSD. I was lookin in a friend's BA catalogue a month or two ago... Anyways. I think the XR6 and all below it say you can't have TC & LSD, but the XR6T & XR8 have both as standard, or something simmilar. I'll check the ford.com.au specs..
iPengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:12   #9 (permalink)

I just dl the Falcon spec sheet pdf. I was right. The XR6T and XR8 get both TC & LSD but the sheet ALSO says in the footnote that LSD is not an optio with Traction Control or Dedicated LPG. As a side note, the Fairmont & Ghia come with Traction Control standard too. Who ever heard of a Fairmont Ghia not having LSD? Frickin idiots. Well. The XR6T & XR8 prove that whoever @ ford made the brochure is an idiot and/or a liar
iPengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:27   #10 (permalink)
BSR

My local dealer tried to tell me i was confused when i went and asked for pricing on the GT.......his reply " you must be confused with the XR6T because the XR8 is top of the range. There is no such thing as a GT!!"

and this dealership is a FPV dealer!!!!!!!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub